Talk

Advanced search

swollen lymph node

(5 Posts)
rubyroot Sat 21-Apr-18 19:53:20

Found a small lump on back of 15 week old babies neck, a less diligent neurotic parent probably wouldn't even have noticed.
Dr says lymph node asked if baby has had a cold and said lymph nodes only come up with infections. But, baby hasn't had a cold or temperature or infection (that I know of). It is a little bigger, but still not massive.
Dr is sending for scan just to make sure, she mentioned the c word! She did say likely to be nothing, but the seed has been planted.
Anyone had a similar experience? I am worried as no evidence of infection and only one lump- surely the one on other side of neck would come up too?

AdorableMisfit Sat 21-Apr-18 19:55:16

Does your baby have eczema? My daughter gets enlarged lymph nodes when her skin flares up badly.

rubyroot Sat 21-Apr-18 19:58:10

No- has very mild cradle cap though. Also worried that it is only one node. I am probably worrying over nothing, much more likely to be something benign than lymphoma- but I've been googling shock

Curlygirly Sat 21-Apr-18 20:02:56

My ds has a lymph node that comes up and down. Also got it checked just in case but he is fine. For us it's like an indication when he's under the weather a little.

rubyroot Sat 21-Apr-18 20:04:45

Thanks curly, that's good to know.
My baby is going through leap 4 so I'm hoping the more intense crying is to do with that. He does tend to stop once he gets the attention he is seeking.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: