Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

Saving memories - photos and videos

(5 Posts)
Samila Wed 08-Nov-17 15:04:05

Hi all

Just wondered how everyone is backing up or saving photos and videos. So precious every moment and I don't want to miss a thing or lose any pictures. I am uploading photos to snapfish and then videos to Dropbox - are others doing this too?

I'm
Hoping both sites are secure and there's never an issue with deleted videos or photos etc on their end! X

ParadiseLaundry Wed 08-Nov-17 15:18:48

Watching with interest. I am not sure that iCloud would work or if I've got it set up right. It would be gutting to lose everything!

TeaBelle Wed 08-Nov-17 15:22:57

I have uploaded some photos to Dropbox but am rapidly running out of space. I make a photoboom each year so have my favourites in hardcopy anyway. I think a standalone hard drive is probably your best bet for vidoes as they are bulky, size wise

AngeliqueDePeyrac Wed 08-Nov-17 15:25:57

We use a Seagate 1 terabite hard drive. I have a 10yo so have thousands saved!

8pawsgood Wed 08-Nov-17 15:34:31

I too will watch this with interest.. thousands of photos on sticks, loads I'll probably never look at..if they were destroyed would I know what was on there. No. There has to be a better way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now