Talk

Advanced search

Children's birthday parties

(5 Posts)
mum2two17 Mon 08-May-17 21:47:49

This is the first year my son wants a party. The problem is now the invites have gone out we realised it is also the same day of one of his friends birthdays and the other parent had got their invites out first so a lot of people are replying that they can't make it. Has this ever happened to you and what did you do? I don't want my son to be disappointment so should I cancel everything and go for something low key with family or go for it? We had hired a bouncy castle. DS is youngest grandchild on both sides of family and other family members who have children their children are all teenagers and our friends are only starting to get pregnant or have just had babies recently.

Cakecrumbsinmybra Mon 08-May-17 21:54:13

I would probably change it - it would make sense if they have all the same friends. If my dc had received a party invite and we'd committed to it, I wouldn't then decline because they'd then received an invite somewhere else.

ijustwantfiveminutespeace Mon 08-May-17 21:59:39

Can you not change the date of yours then all the boys can enjoy 2 parties?

Berrybakecake1 Mon 08-May-17 22:07:29

Change the time if theirs is 12 you have it at 3 or 4.
Or the following day if it's a weekend.

Ellieboolou27 Mon 08-May-17 22:09:33

Not happened to me but a mum at school, she changed the date, it was a whole class party, all went well in the end and most turned up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now