Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Baby gate - dangerous

(7 Posts)
mum19821985 Sat 08-Apr-17 18:34:09

Hi, I'm looking for some advice on baby gates! We recently set up a baby gate in our livingroom as ds2 is crawling. Today DS2 was talking to my parents, leaned on the gate and the whole thing collapsed. It was a good job our baby wasn't underneath! Gate was installed correctly but was just one of the ones that stick to the door frame. Any ideas of a safer baby gate? Or something we could use instead? Thanks!

welshweasel Sat 08-Apr-17 18:35:26

Get ones you screw into the wall. Much safer. You can get fabric retractable ones that are really unobtrusive.

welshweasel Sat 08-Apr-17 18:36:20

www.dreambaby.co.uk/safety-gates/dreambaby-gates/dream-baby-retractable-gate.html

We have these ones (as do lots of my friends)

LIZS Sat 08-Apr-17 18:37:24

You can get cup fixtures into which the pressure ends rest which secure them better.

trilbydoll Sat 08-Apr-17 18:39:14

Ikea do a normal opening one that screws into the wall and it's my favourite one we've got. It's adjustable width so fits anywhere.

We have a roller blind style one but dd1 pushed it out of the bracket and tumbled down the stairs, it's wedged in with some cardboard now to stop it working loose.

We also have a plastic concertina style one from JL which also screws to the wall and is very good.

mum19821985 Sat 08-Apr-17 19:15:02

Oops! I meant to say DS1 (aged 6) leaned on the gate. Not the baby! Lol

TK1930 Sat 08-Apr-17 19:18:29

Hi how awful. You must've got such a fright!
Definitely would recommend screw in especially at the top of the stairs

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now