Can i re-use my sleepyhead & Chicco next to me crib?

(8 Posts)
BlueSpottyTiger Sun 12-Mar-17 18:12:33

So my DD had the sleepyhead inside of the chicco next to me crib. The sleepyhead is all washable including the mattress pad.
Can i re-use them both? I've seen that i can buy a matress topper specifically for the next to me crib from jojo mamam bebe.
I know you shouldn't use second hand matresses from friends/family off ebay? because you dont know how they have been used.. but they have only been used for around 6/7months by my DD.

Any advice appreciated! smile

mimiholls Sun 12-Mar-17 19:19:34

I would say definitely yes though I'm sure there is someone who will say don't. As you say the sleepyhead is washable and if you've used a waterproof sheet on the chicco crib it will be fine.

fassbendersmistress Sun 12-Mar-17 19:21:24

There's a very vibrant second hand market in sleepyheads on my local FB mums page, so I'd say yes.

EpoxyResin Sun 12-Mar-17 19:29:05

You can get new mattresses complete from Chicco I believe.

BlueSpottyTiger Mon 13-Mar-17 10:02:58

Thanks every one smile
Yeahh all washable and i had a waterproof proof sheet on crib matresse... i have just looked on chicco and can't see replacement mattresses.. nvm, i might just buy the topper for it x

EpoxyResin Tue 14-Mar-17 13:31:38

The mattress is available from Chicco Spares - although I'm sure a topper would be fine! I'm going to get a replacement I think, but only because I lent my Next 2 Me to a friend since ds was small and she used it with a topper, so I think this baby's due a new one smile

Nan0second Tue 14-Mar-17 13:33:52

Yes you can.
The lullaby trust (who do all the sids research) Say the mattress should be clean and not dusty. They do not say you need a new mattress (and they know about this stuff!)

savagehk Tue 14-Mar-17 13:38:03

Personally only if you know bodily fluids haven't ever gotten into the mattress (and it's not mouldy etc obviously!). If you've always had a waterproof cover on the mattress I'd use it again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now