Talk

Advanced search

Buggy v wheelchair

(3 Posts)
Parker231 Wed 18-Jan-17 13:25:17

www.theguardian.com/society/2017/jan/18/court-backs-wheelchair-user-who-was-stopped-from-boarding-bus-yorkshire-leeds

Thank goodness- at last a sensible judgement!

purpleme12 Thu 19-Jan-17 00:34:18

I thought it was just common sense. I used to live in a rural area with buses every hour, didn't drive. And there was a time where I couldn't get on the bus cos it was too full and I didn't have a foldable pram at the time. I wouldn't stay on if a wheelchair user needed it. After a while I got a really easy folding pushchair for this reason so I didn't have to worry about it. Once I was getting in bus and wheelchair user was as well, there was room for us both in the anyway but I knew he was worried cos he said something so I told him it's ok I can fold it up
I do think bus drivers assume you won't fold it up though. If there's no pushchair space they always say there's no room I have to say to them it's fine I can fold it. Presumably because most people would rather wait for the next bus than fold it up

splendide Thu 19-Jan-17 08:23:46

Is this the new series of robot wars?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now