Night time routine with two

(3 Posts)
Confused10439 Wed 02-Nov-16 13:27:55

So what do others do when you have a newborn who cries, you're alone with the kids and you are trying to put your toddler down for bed? Any tips on attending to the baby while still getting the toddler to wind down and go to sleep?

Highlove Wed 02-Nov-16 14:41:39

I started a thread on exsctky this topic a few days ago - here www.mumsnet.com/Talk/parenting/2769341-Any-tips-on-managing-bedtime-routine-with-a-baby-and-two-year-old

ODog Thu 03-Nov-16 20:11:24

I have a 5.5mo and a 2.5yo. In the early days we all got in our bed together. I laid down next to toddler while breastfeeding baby. Gradually, baby needed a slightly earlier bedtime than toddler so I fed/rocked her to sleep in the lounge while he watched CBeebies then when she was in basket/cot I took him up. We are now (very suddenly) at a point where he doesn't need me in the room while he falls asleep so there's no issue now. I can read him a story/song/tuck in/kiss while I leave him to it and deal with baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now