Talk

Advanced search

Nightwear suggestions for Houdini!

(11 Posts)
Binkybix Fri 07-Oct-16 13:58:54

Hello All

My baby escapes from sleeping bags and doesn't seem to settle well with them on.

Can anybody recommend any really warm pyjamas? I seem to be drawing a blank. Vest and sleepsuit not warm enough now!

Thanks for the help!

JohnLapsleyParlabane Fri 07-Oct-16 14:01:00

Have you tried the Jojo sleep snugglers? They're like a sleeping bag with legs and removable sleeves. We love ours.

Rumtopf Fri 07-Oct-16 14:05:13

It's a long while ago but I used to buy fleecey sleep suits for dd when she was small but mobile. The house had single glazing and was v cold so she had a vest, normal babygrow and then a fleecey all in one too.

AlpacaLypse Fri 07-Oct-16 14:05:38

Snow suit? Or would that be too warm?

AlpacaLypse Fri 07-Oct-16 14:06:53

Rumtopf I remember those! I got mine at a NCT Nearly New and haven't got a clue who made them though.

Binkybix Fri 07-Oct-16 14:10:25

All the fleecy suits I've found say not to let them sleep in them, but I'm probably being too precious. She certainly lets us know if something is wrong in the night! I'll look into those snuggle things too. Thanks!

AlpacaLypse Fri 07-Oct-16 16:02:18

Over heating is a bit of a worry, but honestly, with these warm fleecy suits, do they expect you to undress the baby every time she falls asleep wearing it during the day?! Thought not.

Binkybix Fri 07-Oct-16 17:17:31

What's all this sleeping in the day you talk of?! grin

s098 Fri 07-Oct-16 19:13:52

Tesco do fleecy sleepsuits that aren't too thick to sleep in. My dd has had them on at night when it was colder and was fine.

Rumtopf Fri 07-Oct-16 22:39:31

Alpaca these ones were from Mothercare I think. Long time ago - dd is nearly 14!
In a centrally heated well insulated house I can well imagine a child might overheat, I used to wake up with ice on the inside of my bedroom window so there was no chance of that.

Have you tried layering up?

soundsystem Sat 08-Oct-16 07:14:38

How old is she? You can get fleecy pyjamas from Matalan/Primark that usually start around 3-6 months. DD wore those in Winter over a long sleeved vest and with thick socks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now