Talk

Advanced search

Help me stay calm. Please!

(3 Posts)
BeautifulLiar Tue 16-Feb-16 04:46:14

It's half term, I'm 37 weeks pregnant and I've got a 7 year old DS with autism and two DDs aged 3 and 4.

I've always struggled/clashed with DS. Yes it's good that he has now been diagnosed with ASD and I'm not just a shit mum but I still find it very hard to deal with. He's so moany, negative, jealous, argumentative, controlling and bossy! I was ready to explode yesterday (about half an hour into half term ffs).

The girls are generally FAR easier than DS but I have a very short fuse atm. The 4 year old weed/pooed herself yesterday, pretty sure it was for attention, she kept trying to get a reaction from me.

I have planned some low key half term activities but it's 4:45am and I can't sleep so I'm likely going to be tired and arsey tomorrow. Help sad

srslylikeomg Tue 16-Feb-16 09:13:30

Sounds rough, poor you. I think pretending there are cameras on me and acting like a great "fun calm mum" when I felt stressed (pregnancy makes you beyond tired) really helped! Sounds mad but really fake it til you make it works. Also, another piece of marmite advice: make a decision not to tell them off unless it's actually dangerous. Just let it wash over you and don't sweat the small stuff. They probably do want your attention, you've got a lot going on and a new baby coming. Can you give each one half hour of time with just you? Get the others occupied. Good luck today! You can do this!!! smile

BeautifulLiar Tue 16-Feb-16 11:12:44

Aww thank you srsly! I have actually got a friend coming round this afternoon (shitting myself, she's got three wild boys and I have new carpets) but I'm less likely to throttle someone with an audience wink

Joking aside though I have been a total bitch this morning. I like the idea of not telling off unless it's dangerous... EVERYTHING irritates me atm.

I wish DS had a sign on him explaining the way he is because I just know people are thinking "control your child ffs!" And I'm ashamed to say I'm a bit embarrassed of him sometimes sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now