Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Tummy time board thing question

(14 Posts)
ANiceSliceOfCake Tue 10-Nov-15 19:15:49

Hi. Has anyone used one of these? Are they any good? Thanks

PeteHornberger Tue 10-Nov-15 19:33:12

We were lent one and my son used it once-he was possibly too old for it as he just wanted to pull himself off it all the time and got very stressed when he couldn't! grin

My niece had one and loved it though. In fact, my SIL bought it for her after using it at a baby sensory class, bit of a long shot but could you see if there is a toy library or similar near you that might have one to allow you to try it out first?

MrsDeathOfRats Tue 10-Nov-15 19:34:14

Had one for ds. He didn't like it. Loved the mat and loved tummy time but hated the spiny thing. Sold it in the end!

nephrofox Tue 10-Nov-15 19:36:40

Waste of money. Even if they like it they'll only be at the right developmental age for a month max

Haggisfish Tue 10-Nov-15 19:37:05

Tried twice-babies hated it! They both got tummy time lying on our chests and pushing themselves up on their arms.

ANiceSliceOfCake Tue 10-Nov-15 19:39:01

Hmmmm. I'm not sure then. There's a new one for sale near me for half price, don't know if it's worth getting then?

AngelicCurls Tue 10-Nov-15 21:44:47

Don't bother, we were given SILs but DD hated it, it was way too hard to be comfy. A firm cushion does a much better job

Haggisfish Tue 10-Nov-15 21:53:49

Honestly, no it's not worth it!

ANiceSliceOfCake Tue 10-Nov-15 22:20:50

Ok. Thanks everyone.

daisychain1991 Wed 11-Nov-15 09:01:08

Currently ours is boxed up to go to carboot. DD was not impressed!

GothJoose Wed 11-Nov-15 09:44:28

My dd uses it but I tried it first at baby sensory and bought it cheap off ebay. I find the mat handy though as it's small so easy to take with me when visiting people

Boredofthinkingofnewnames Wed 11-Nov-15 13:21:32

I saw one of these on another site for the first time yesterday - I am genuinley baffled as to the point of it!

comeagainforbigfudge Wed 11-Nov-15 13:35:48

I just put dd on a cushion and prop a mirror in front of her.
Or across my lap with toys/mirror within reach.

Given the length of time she is happy to stay on her belly it wouldn't have been worth it now she just wants to SIT UP

chumbler Wed 11-Nov-15 18:31:02

Just roll up a blanket. We didn't even do that though, there's no need. Lie down on your tummy with baby and play smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: