Talk

Advanced search

Name tags for nursery

(7 Posts)
Ticktick Fri 10-Jul-15 08:27:12

Silly question alert! My little boy is starting day nursery soon and I've been advised to make sure all his belongings and clothes are tagged with his name. Back in my day I remember my mum spending hours sewing name tags into my clothes... I dread the thought! So, Do do people this do this? Or is there another method? Thanks in advance! smile

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Fri 10-Jul-15 08:28:00

name tags.com the sticky ones...

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Fri 10-Jul-15 08:28:48

www.mynametags.com sorry,autocorrect

Artandco Fri 10-Jul-15 08:32:00

At nursery in home clothes I didn't bother labelling all their clothes as that would be a lot! As potentially everything they own. Also own clothes rather than uniform mean it's easy to identify if they have in lost pile.

Just label coats imo. Most other clothes they will never take off anyway at nursery, only a jumper/ cardigan gets taken off usually so maybe label them also if you like.

We never lost anything.

Todayisnottheday Fri 10-Jul-15 08:33:50

Just buy a fine tip permanent marker and write on the laundry labels smile

Imeg Fri 10-Jul-15 09:11:16

I wrote initials on the laundry labels because I was lent loads of clothes from other people's children that I needed to give back to several different lenders, and I knew I wouldn't remember who had lent me what. It worked well for me, so I'm sure it would work for nursery too.

Buglife Fri 10-Jul-15 12:55:39

I always take a change of clothes to nursery actually as they tend to let DS feed himself so he gets some food on his trousers maybe, also they do messy play. I just initial his tags inside the clothes with permanent marker.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now