Talk

Advanced search

How did you explain to your inquisitive DS?

(7 Posts)
VeraStanhope Fri 29-May-15 18:31:24

Hi, it has occurred to me I have not given this any forethought. Maybe I missed this chapter in the 'how to be a perfect parent' self help books.... hmm so I just wondered what did you say to your children (especially if you have a DS)?

DS aged 5 yrs giggled yesterday and asked me what the two round things are in my top. (My boobs). I didn't think it needed much explanation as he usually asks questions about his body or mine infrequently and is happy with a one or two word answer and tunes out disinterested if I try to encourage further conversation.

Whereas DS2 aged 3 yrs is so obsessed with the fact that I don't have a willy and a bottom. He tells me frequently that I do actually have a willy and that I have special nappies (once a month)! smile

prepperpig Fri 29-May-15 18:34:34

I will always remember the where do babies come from talk with the DSs at quite an early age. After thinking on my feet I decided to go with the truth when asked how the baby comes out only to be met with a disbelieving "Nooooo…..……can I have a look?" shock grin

Theselittlelightsofmine Fri 29-May-15 18:35:14

It's the difference between boy and girls. Boys have a penis, girls have a vagina.
Ladies bleed once a month when they don't have a baby in their tummies.

VeraStanhope Fri 29-May-15 19:04:39

Prepper - grin I love moments like that. Usually on reflection afterward rather than at the time of me sticking my foot in my mouth!

Alanna1 Sat 30-May-15 21:54:50

My kids (preschoolers) both think my breasts are quite fascinating. I tell them they are breasts, they are mine, that when they were babies I fed them milk from them. We are open about mpst things - they know they came from my tummy etc.

Lonz Sun 31-May-15 23:36:48

This wasn't my doing but my 3yo calls them 'mummy's boobs', ha. Partner's fault. I tell him my body parts are mine and his body parts are his, and you can't touch/only you can touch etc. He knows the difference between boys and girls, but only to the extent of hair and clothes!

Roseybee10 Mon 01-Jun-15 03:00:32

My dd (2.9) is fascinated with my boobs too. She knows they feed babies as I breastfed her sister for as long as I could (2 weeks I think). She also asked how the baby was going to come out when I was pregnant and we watched obem together so she knows they come out your 'bum' lol. I was having a home birth and just wanted to prepare her in case my mum didn't make it to pick her up in time (I had a very fast labour with dd1).

She just calls it boy bits and girl bits just now but knows there's a difference.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now