Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Tips to get pregnant with a baby girl?...

(12 Posts)
gladrags123 Fri 23-Jan-15 21:44:38

We have 2 boys and I would like to know whether anybody has any tips to share about how to try to get pregnant with a girl please? Thanks!

Asleeponasunbeam Fri 23-Jan-15 21:48:23

AnyFucker Fri 23-Jan-15 21:49:44

have sex in your fertile time

have a 51% chance you will have a girl if you conceive

The End

SoMuchForSubtlety Fri 23-Jan-15 21:51:18

Hope you conceive a girl. That's about all you can do...

Mrsantithetic Fri 23-Jan-15 21:52:44

You have to have sex wearing a chicken costume and making the noise of a sheep. As soon as you are done, rub honey in your feet and touch your nose three times

cosmicglittergirl Fri 23-Jan-15 21:55:16

I believe there is a diet that claims to ever so slightly increase your chances of conceiving a girl (high in dairy and calcium I believe) and a theory of having sex just before ovulation, but I'm not sure how convinced I am of such theories. I think it really is down to having sex, conceiving and seeing what you get.

SoMuchForSubtlety Fri 23-Jan-15 21:57:17

The Y-sperm-swim-faster-and-die-quicker-than-X-sperm theory has been disproved I believe.

abigboydidit Fri 23-Jan-15 22:07:31

Can't help afraid but I would say that trying for a boy or a girl can is a 50-50 roulette. Unless you're happy to have a third boy then I wouldn't chance it.

gladrags123 Fri 23-Jan-15 22:10:31

thanks... That's what I thought.. cheers though

ALittleFaith Fri 23-Jan-15 22:12:22

These threads rarely go well....

There is a researcher called Shettles who has some theories on influence over the sex of the baby. If you're keen, look it up. I'm a bit skeptical though!

inconceivableme Wed 28-Jan-15 10:48:41

Given my username, I'm not sure why I clicked on this thread but just to say, harsh as it may seem, maybe don't worry about the gender too much and be glad you can conceive?! Why is it that you particularly want a girl anyway?

seaoflove Wed 28-Jan-15 10:55:27

You've already asked this question in Baby Names:

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now