Talk

Advanced search

Best in car Dvd player for a 2 yr old - too young

(9 Posts)
milkyman Sat 27-Dec-14 08:23:36

My ds hates long car journeys, he screams the whole way. are dvd players any good? I would rather not get one but think it will save our sanity.

CarpeJugulum Sat 27-Dec-14 08:27:22

We used a tablet for DS at that age. Others may frown, but on an 8 hour journey to visit grandparents, 15 mins of Peppa Pig every so often saved our sanity.

We also found DS loved Team Umizoomi - which is all about numbers and shapes so you can find more "worthy" stuff which they'll enjoy.

bearwithspecs Sat 27-Dec-14 08:48:46

We use on on long 45min - hour commute home daily - DC at nursery near work. Happy child. We use on journeys over an hour an weekends too. Hardly watch TV at other times. Loads of people I know have them

GingerDoodle Sat 27-Dec-14 09:53:58

We got one for our 2.2 year old just before Christmas when we turned her car seat forward facing and we're heading to see family for Christmas visits. The last cpl of months she had been getting increasingly difficult getting in the car. Absolutely brilliant - she has Mickey mouse club house on DVD. I didn't fancy giving her the iPad on the chance she would drop it / press buttons etc.

We got ours from Halfords and it was £75 with a pair of wireless headphones (which she's not fussed on yet).

shelfontheelf Sat 27-Dec-14 13:06:26

Best thing ever. We travel a lot - sanity saving.

milkyman Sat 27-Dec-14 13:14:57

thanks, which one would u recommend?

stressbucket1 Sat 27-Dec-14 13:17:39

We just got a basic twin DVD player it is great for my 2 year old we just use it on long trips like holidays. It is essential for us She has a baby sister now so we can't have one of us in the back to entertain!

plipplops Mon 29-Dec-14 13:49:14

We have a twin one from Argos - it's got remote controls and should be able to play either two different or the same DVD (but it's broken now and will only both play the same thing). We only use it for long (2-3+ hour) journeys and it's a real help. DDs are old enough now to change/pause etc the DVD but it was a total PITA (although worth it) when they were smaller to change DVDs as you can't see the screen from the front seat. So even though it has a remote, asking a 3 or 4 year what the menu options say was infuriating! As long as you set limits about when they can watch it I think they're great.

MiaowTheCat Mon 29-Dec-14 21:52:08

We use one with our 2 1/2 and 1 1/2 year old for long car journeys (I go to my family every couple of months which is a three hour or so drive). When it works it's fab but DD2 has discovered how to wind her sister up by pressing the pause button the last time we used it which was driving me crackers in the car earlier on today.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now