Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

toddler recipe books - recommendations?

(8 Posts)
milkyman Thu 06-Mar-14 15:04:25

can anyone recommend any good books for 17mth old - need food inspiration!

Toowittoowoo Thu 06-Mar-14 19:27:38

I have found the river cottage baby and toddler cook book really useful but have also used a few recipes on this blog:

crumbsfeedyourfamily.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

(If you have the time I suggest you go back hundreds of pages and start with their first blog post when their children were younger - the recipes will probably be more useful than the later ones). Broccoli pasta and 60 second eggy noodles are 2 of our family favourites.

This blog always gave me ideas too but i have to admit i never used any of the recipes:

mamacook.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

this one I saw recommended on here and has some good ideas too but not really my kind of thing!:

littlegrazers.com/

ExBrightonBell Thu 06-Mar-14 19:29:21

I would second the river cottage book, tis excellent.

Misty9 Thu 06-Mar-14 19:46:38

Even if you don't/didn't do BLW, the baby led weaning cookbook is really good for recipes. We still use it a couple of years on.

mummyxtwo Thu 06-Mar-14 19:51:23

Annabel Karmel's Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner
Ella's Kitchen - the cook book - the red one

The latter is really good, with lots of simple tasty meals and ideas for lunches as well as dinners.

CuriosityCola Thu 06-Mar-14 19:58:18

The red Ella's book is better than I thought it would be. It has helped me get out of a rut and even made sandwiches and snacks more interesting.

I mostly use the bbc food website for ideas and just adapt the salt levels.

BikeRunSki Thu 06-Mar-14 20:02:53

I really like the Sainsbury's one

milkyman Thu 06-Mar-14 20:06:46

great thanks all grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: