Talk

Advanced search

toddler recipe books - recommendations?

(8 Posts)
milkyman Thu 06-Mar-14 15:04:25

can anyone recommend any good books for 17mth old - need food inspiration!

Toowittoowoo Thu 06-Mar-14 19:27:38

I have found the river cottage baby and toddler cook book really useful but have also used a few recipes on this blog:

crumbsfeedyourfamily.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

(If you have the time I suggest you go back hundreds of pages and start with their first blog post when their children were younger - the recipes will probably be more useful than the later ones). Broccoli pasta and 60 second eggy noodles are 2 of our family favourites.

This blog always gave me ideas too but i have to admit i never used any of the recipes:

mamacook.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

this one I saw recommended on here and has some good ideas too but not really my kind of thing!:

littlegrazers.com/

ExBrightonBell Thu 06-Mar-14 19:29:21

I would second the river cottage book, tis excellent.

Misty9 Thu 06-Mar-14 19:46:38

Even if you don't/didn't do BLW, the baby led weaning cookbook is really good for recipes. We still use it a couple of years on.

mummyxtwo Thu 06-Mar-14 19:51:23

Annabel Karmel's Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner
Ella's Kitchen - the cook book - the red one

The latter is really good, with lots of simple tasty meals and ideas for lunches as well as dinners.

CuriosityCola Thu 06-Mar-14 19:58:18

The red Ella's book is better than I thought it would be. It has helped me get out of a rut and even made sandwiches and snacks more interesting.

I mostly use the bbc food website for ideas and just adapt the salt levels.

BikeRunSki Thu 06-Mar-14 20:02:53

I really like the Sainsbury's one

milkyman Thu 06-Mar-14 20:06:46

great thanks all grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now