Talk

Advanced search

Potty training & worry

(5 Posts)
Alibongo33 Sat 22-Feb-14 13:18:08

My dd is 25 months. We started potty training on Monday because she was telling me and getting upset when she was doing a wee. She has taken to it like a duck to water with no accidents since tuesday.

BUT she is finding it stressful. she has been tearful, anxious, nervy, not really played the same. Not been the happy girl all week. She was extremely distressed coming home from the park when she needed a wee. I put her on the travel potty but she wouldn't go so she went when we got home but the drive home she was literally screaming in panic.

This morning I have kept her in a nappy and she is back to normal, not even telling me she is doing wees.

She seems physically and mentally ready but not emotionally.

Should I carry on potty training? or stop for a few weeks

Thanks so much for reading

lola88 Sat 22-Feb-14 13:45:14

Could you try pull ups and explain that they are pants that will catch any accidents, DS was in them for 7mo before we came off them last week. I know there is a lot of negativity toward pull ups but I found it helped DS he was so distressed when he had any accidents sad

MrsCosmopilite Sat 22-Feb-14 14:15:05

I had a similar experience with my DD at a similar age. I just let her go back to nappies for about 6 weeks, and we used pull-up ones.

She's now just turned 3 and is dry at night too.

Alibongo33 Sat 22-Feb-14 17:54:29

Bump please

ZuleikaD Sun 23-Feb-14 06:37:00

I would put her back in nappies for a bit and wait till she indicates she wants to try again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now