Talk

Advanced search

4mo not poo-ed for two days - should I worry?

(9 Posts)
42andcounting Thu 06-Feb-14 21:20:20

DD is 4 months old, mix fed bf and ff, and normally poos at least once a day. On Tuesday she had an upset tummy (so did I so I assume she got it from the breast milk), and did the biggest nappy I've ever seen. She hasn't been since... should I worry? She has been a bit grumpy & windy today but nothing major.

Gimmesomemore Thu 06-Feb-14 21:23:10

I wouldn't worry. Also you haven't passed her any bugs through your breastmilk, only protection through anti-bodies.

If you're worried then perhaps call your gp?

WaitingForMe Thu 06-Feb-14 21:25:13

DS did this at a similar age and finally went after day six.

Nothing can prepare you for the horror.

42andcounting Fri 07-Feb-14 11:22:59

Thanks both smile The problem has resolved itself this morning... it was impressive! Think I may have been a bit PFB, sorry blush

mousmous Fri 07-Feb-14 11:28:20

if she's well, don't worry.
at around that age the gut changes from in-out (or so it seems) to being more efficient. anything from twice a day to twice a month is normal if dc is fine and thriving with it.

Marn1e Fri 07-Feb-14 11:32:31

Very pfb but we've all been there grin

Melonbreath Fri 07-Feb-14 11:41:01

Ha! I was going to say you're right to be worried. The mother of all poo explosions is probably imminent

Lozzapops Fri 07-Feb-14 16:22:43

My 3 month old is a "one poo a week" girl (having previously been a 5 dirty nappies a day baby). Towards the end of the week, she becomes a ticking time bomb. I have just had to change the poonami of all poonamis in a pub toilet. Nice!

BocaDeTrucha Sun 09-Feb-14 17:44:25

Exact thing happened to us and ds was a three or four poos a day type of guy. 3 days without so we took him down to the children's walk in clinic and he did a massive nappy - filter in the waiting room!!!! Sods law.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now