Talk

Advanced search

Postnatal doula in North London

(4 Posts)
Nickname1980 Thu 06-Feb-14 07:41:10

Hi there,

I am wondering if anyone has any experience with a postnatal doula - especially in North London as then you can send a recommendation!

I am currently pregnant and very excited about this baby, but am a bit worried about being on my own after my husband goes back to work after his paternity leave (two weeks) ends. My mother is unable to help me and I am worried that I will go a bit mad or feel overwhelmed all on my own!

Has anyone used a postnatal doula? Was it much help? And what kind of thing did they help out with?

And any recommendations?

Paintyfingers Thu 06-Feb-14 07:52:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dinkystinky Thu 06-Feb-14 09:21:34

try doulaorg.uk - I used a couple of post natal doulas after ds1 was born (difficult birth, no family nearby). They were great - held my velcro baby for me so I could shower, helped me establish bfing, gave tips on looking after the baby, tidied up/did the washing while I napped. I only used them for a couple of hours a couple of times a week. The ones I used were Helen Shamroth and Liliana Lammers (but dont think she does the post natal doula work any more as she's so busy with births).

Nickname1980 Fri 14-Feb-14 07:25:05

Thanks everyone! Some good tips here. I will get in touch with these recommendations!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now