Talk

Advanced search

At home all day with 14 month old - how much TV, if any?

(9 Posts)
snowchick1977 Tue 25-Sep-12 15:22:19

Hi

Just wondering how much TV you would have on if you were at home all day with a 14 month old?

I've a broken leg and I am 34 weeks pregnant too. I can't get out with dd at all and my husband is out 630-630. We have no help from family or friends...all over an hour away. Excuses I know!

I was just wondering because my daughter has watched 3 episodes of mickey mouse today and I feel terribly guilty but Im finding it really hard to keep my energy level up to do any activities with her.

Honest answers.

Thanks x

ByTheWay1 Tue 25-Sep-12 15:24:51

as much as you need to maintain your sanity!!!

TheHeirOfSlytherin Tue 25-Sep-12 15:25:28

Well you're excuses are far better than mine grin You are heavily pregnant, have a broken leg, a toddler and are alone with her all day, in your situation the TV is your friend!!!

TheHeirOfSlytherin Tue 25-Sep-12 15:26:01

ahhh your sorry!

Courtandspark Tue 25-Sep-12 15:28:48

I agree please don't feel guilty! It's only for a limited time and your 'excuses' are cast iron reasons to do whatever works to get you both through the day.
Hope you feel better soon.

booki Tue 25-Sep-12 15:36:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sirzy Tue 25-Sep-12 15:50:04

As long as she doesn't spend the next few months glued to the TV not playing or interacting with anyone then I wouldn't worry about it!

cloudhands Tue 25-Sep-12 17:42:27

please don't feel guilty, when you're leg is better, and you aren't pregnant anymore, maybe think about cutting down the tv, and taking her out and about, but it's just a brief window in her childhood to keep you sane, I wouldn't worry!

cowboylover Tue 25-Sep-12 20:53:02

That's fine!

My DD watches maybe 3 or 4 a day; 1 for me to wash in the morning and 2 so I can cook in the evening and 1to wash up and make sandwiches for the next day.

You are going well as must be hard work do pleased don't be hard on yourself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now