(8 Posts)
TarkaLiotta Mon 26-Sep-11 17:29:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

birdsofshoreandsea Mon 26-Sep-11 17:35:03

TarkaLiotta Mon 26-Sep-11 20:13:11

cheeseandmarmitesandwich Mon 26-Sep-11 20:53:46

I find it helps to record programmes so that the telly goes off when it's finished, otherwise it's easy to forget how long it's been on for.

DD1 is 3.5 and it's usually on first thing in the morning before preschool, then if we're home she will maybe watch one programme while I'm making lunch and then will maybe watch it for half an hour or so later in the day when I'm making dinner.

She watched a lot more when DD2 (15 months) was tiny though! Now they seem to prefer to fight play when we're at home than watch tv.

cheeseandmarmitesandwich Mon 26-Sep-11 20:53:46

I find it helps to record programmes so that the telly goes off when it's finished, otherwise it's easy to forget how long it's been on for.

DD1 is 3.5 and it's usually on first thing in the morning before preschool, then if we're home she will maybe watch one programme while I'm making lunch and then will maybe watch it for half an hour or so later in the day when I'm making dinner.

She watched a lot more when DD2 (15 months) was tiny though! Now they seem to prefer to fight play when we're at home than watch tv.

maxmissie Mon 26-Sep-11 20:58:33

my ds (who is 2) and my dd (aged 4) both watch telly before breakfast every day and after that it's very rarely on unless dd is watching a film (usually once a week) or they are both tired/grumpy in the late afternoon/evening. When they do watch it in the afternoon I usually limit them to two/three programmes and say that once x has finished then it's going off. They would probably both watch more given the chance but then on the other hand often when it's on they wander off to do something else.

wearymum200 Mon 26-Sep-11 21:23:13

I agree, it's a habit. If it's not an option, then they'll soon stop asking for it. DD2 is 2.9, prob watches about half an hour a fortnight.

Zimbah Tue 27-Sep-11 19:36:28

My almost-3 yr old watches an hour in the morning, she has breakfast and gets dressed while watching blush. On good days that's all she'll watch, but if she's very tired or I'm at the end of my tether/desperately need to get on with something, she might watch a bit more later as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now