Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

real napppy question?

(5 Posts)
cazsaz Tue 31-May-11 14:51:01

I've recently been made redundant and with 3 little ones really need to find something quickly.

I've been thinking about setting up a real nappy cleaning service. I used disposables for mine because I couldn't face all the hassle and time of washing - but if I could have paid a small amount to get them washed, I think I would have done.

Would anyone out there use this kind of service?? I would love to hear your comments.

deemented Tue 31-May-11 14:55:00

I use cloth and tbh theres no way i'd pay someone else to wash them for me.

A few reasons - i use cloth to save money, so doing my own washing etc makes more sense then paying someone else. Also, i have lots of 'nice' nappies that cost a bit and i wouldn't want to risk them getting lost or mixed up with someone elses.

In all honesty, washing my own nappies is no hassle at all - just an extra load every few days is all.

Sorry.

QueenofDreams Tue 31-May-11 14:57:24

there are nappy washing services out there. Generally they provide the nappies themselves, so parents are essentially paying for hire and cleaning.

Like Dee I don't have a problem washing nappies myself and wouldn't consider using a service. Sorry.

cazsaz Tue 31-May-11 16:35:35

Thanks for the feed-back. It's obviously really useful to know what service people would be prepared to use.

MoonFaceMamaaaaargh Tue 31-May-11 18:17:09

I too wash my own. Well, ds's. I know one person who used a service like this but they stopped when they realised it cost more than disposables.

Hope something comes along for you soon. smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: