Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Bringing DS on holiday with a throat infection

(1 Post)
WakeUpRosemary Sat 28-May-11 13:57:10

I'm in a quandary. My DS, 3.6, has had a throat infection since Tuesday. We brought him to the doctor on Wednesday and got antibiotics. We are due to fly to Spain on holidays tomorrow and the doctor said that he would most likely be okay by then. However, we brought him to an out-of-hours doctor today as he was still running a temperature, lethargic and not eating. This doctor says that his throat is still infected and gave us more antibiotics. He was non-committal about whether or not we should fly tomorrow but gave us a not-fit-to-fly letter for insurance purposes. He also said DS could be okay by tomorrow, kids can bounce back from things like that, etc - so not much help really.

The thing is, when DS has had some painkillers he's full of beans. He's been looking forward to this holiday for weeks and if we don't go tomorrow we won't be able to go until late August, if at all. But I don't want him to suffer or get worse. The fact that he's been to the doctor already means that if he did get worse abroad we wouldn't be covered by insurance.

We meant to be flying at 8 in the morning so we don't have time to decide tomorrow. I just don't know what to do.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: