Talk

Advanced search

Red and blue boxes in Edinburgh..what are they for?

(7 Posts)
Janos Wed 06-Jul-05 15:33:28

These have been dumped outside our flats, presumably by the council. I know they're for recycling but what types of waste? There's no information with them about when they are collected etc.

expatinscotland Wed 06-Jul-05 15:36:43

Huh? Our flats have no such bins. Just the usual big black ones.

lilaclotus Wed 06-Jul-05 15:37:13

here's the answer

expatinscotland Wed 06-Jul-05 15:38:54

Nice of them to tell us. Just had a look outside in Queen Charlotte Street - nothing there but big black bins. DH threw some rubbish into the bins in the archway of our car park - no blue or red bins.

lilaclotus Wed 06-Jul-05 15:40:06

i did look on the edinburgh council's website and there is no info about it at all on there.

Nik72 Wed 06-Jul-05 15:41:54

We haven't got these either & it says Newington on that link. It's great to see something like this, though - at least the council's making an effort. We got a brown wheelie bin last week and it's nice to not be chucking stuff in the bin that you know fine well will compost.

Janos Wed 06-Jul-05 19:21:14

Thanks for the link lilaclotus.

I did look on the Edinburgh council website but couldn't find anything.

They are a good idea though. We have loads of card from cat food/nappy boxes. It will be really great not to have to chuck it out or keep loads of boxes in our flat and cart them to a recycling place.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: