Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Need a cleaning tip - please read on

(8 Posts)
MrsBoo Thu 30-Jun-05 09:55:55

Hi, i hope someone can help me with a really good tip for getting rid of the smell of sick/vomit from carpets and rugs. I have tried usual spray on carpet cleaners, but they're not great, and the smell is still quite strong. Not helped by the warm weather either.

whymummy Thu 30-Jun-05 09:59:46

have you tried zoflora?i'm addicted to it since MIL recomended it to me our dog always does a wee in their carpet when we arrive(i've got her weel trained )and MIL uses that to clean it and get rid of the smell
HTH

MrsBoo Thu 30-Jun-05 10:05:53

Can you get it in Tesco or Sainsburys?

Pacific Thu 30-Jun-05 10:06:10

Try fullers earth. Not sure where you would get it from maybe a chemist or old-fashioned ironmongers. Cheap talc also works....douse the area with it, leave it for at least a day then hoover off.

Probably best not to wet the stain, wet things smell more than dry. I always found that 'Fabreze' made nasty smells (vomit, urine,cat pee) worse

whymummy Thu 30-Jun-05 10:08:53

yes,any supermarket,they come in little glass bottles inside a box,they're usually next to detox etc as it is desinfectant as well

littlerach Thu 30-Jun-05 10:09:36

Either baking powder or bicarb (can neber remember which it is!) sprinkled on then hoovered off.

dizzydo Thu 30-Jun-05 10:13:06

Yep, agree with littlerach its bicarbonate of soda that erases smells, it's really cheap you get it in the baking section of the supermarkets and it works like a dream. DD threw up in the car a few months again and that did the trick. Sprinkle it on dry leave it for a couple of hours and then hoover. Good luck.

MrsBoo Thu 30-Jun-05 10:13:06

Thanks, i will try these later tonight when i get home from work. Hope its not too sunny today, or the smell from the bedroom will knock me out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now