Talk

Advanced search

Positive news re: Bo's death

(36 Posts)
bubble99 Mon 13-Jun-05 22:13:34

Yes. I know this should probably be over on 'Miscarriage and bereavement'. But as I'm feeling positive I thought I'd post it here.

I emailed Susan Kramer, our local MP, and told her about the monumental f**k ups which led to Bo's death and I got an email earlier today telling me that; 'I fully sympathise with the terrible loss of your son and will be more than happy to take up this issue on your behalf as an absolute priority'

She wants copies of all documentation and the written results of the enquiry. My mate hub has suggested that I set up the domain name 'StrongBo' and start a campaign to focus on failings in obstetric care. Before anyone accuses me of being an NHS basher, I've had two previous deliveries on the NHS which were fantastic, but Bo's death was completely avoidable.

bossykate Mon 13-Jun-05 22:15:44

that is good news, bubble. good luck with the campaign.

fwiw, i don't see the problem with "bashing" the nhs over completely avoidable deaths.

good on you.

Hazellnut Mon 13-Jun-05 22:16:08

Good news - my MP too so glad she's doing something useful !

hatstand Mon 13-Jun-05 22:17:31

good news bubble. I'm sure Susan will follow the case up well

Heathcliffscathy Mon 13-Jun-05 22:17:53

oh bubble, i'm so pleased for you.

sallystrawberry Mon 13-Jun-05 22:19:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Blu Mon 13-Jun-05 22:20:30

StrongBo is a wonderful name.
V pleased to hear that something is happening. Preventing repeats of unnecessary tragedies isn't bashing - you've never done that, throughout.

Nbg Mon 13-Jun-05 22:21:09

Great news Bubble.

Good Luck

mears Mon 13-Jun-05 22:24:19

That's good news Bubble. You are not NHS bashing by starting a campaign - you are just extending current adverse clinical incident reporting in a wider way, which the NHS must learn from. Mistakes happen, many are avoidable. Anything that can provide learning toprevent further babies dying must be a positive.

snafu Mon 13-Jun-05 22:27:34

Brilliant news, bubble

milward Mon 13-Jun-05 22:30:35

Good news Bubble on your MPs reaction. Your campaign is also an excellent idea - not bashing at all but informing.

marthamoo Mon 13-Jun-05 22:50:35

Some positive news at last. Way to go Bubble!

Socci Mon 13-Jun-05 22:53:02

Message withdrawn

HappyHuggy Mon 13-Jun-05 23:00:03

im really pleased for you bubble. ive followed you're threads but havent known what to say.

StrongBo is a good name

xx

Puff Mon 13-Jun-05 23:00:58

good news bubble .

hunkermunker Mon 13-Jun-05 23:04:50

Really glad you've had such a positive response, Bubble. Would echo the others on this thread - not bashing at all.

Anything I can do, let me know.

Love as always xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Janh Mon 13-Jun-05 23:07:08

StrongBo is a great name, bubble, and I don't think anybody here would dream of calling you an NHS basher. I'm glad your MP is offering so much support and I hope the outcome will be what you would like

MarsLady Mon 13-Jun-05 23:09:48

Well done bubble my love! Glad to hear the positive news. Here's to more of the same!

hub2dee Mon 13-Jun-05 23:41:02

Wotcha bubb,

Where do I send the invoice to for my creative naming session ?

LOL.

Am glad she's agreed to join your team as it were.

Not sure you saw my last post on an older thread of yours here ... just something re the Thousand Bump March.

So many people would be pleased to help spread awareness of current problems with a view to improving the situation.

Hope you and Mr. Bub are doing OK.

bubble99 Mon 13-Jun-05 23:53:37

We're OK thanks hub. How are you, 'Queen Dee' and The Beanette doing?

I read something today, along the lines of- 'How men can comfort a crying baby with a nipple'. Obviously there's no milk there (unless you've paid mucho yankee dollars in Cuba and had a good surgeon ) but a male nipple can, apparently, act as an effective soother until a boob (or a bottle) with milk appears.

Just thought I'd let you know in case you want to share it with your NCT bruvvers

jangus Tue 14-Jun-05 08:00:08

hi bubble,
glad that your MP is going to be helpful.
it would be nice to think that they will eventually listen and that changes will be made so that this won't happen again.
thinking of you always.
much love j XxX

collision Tue 14-Jun-05 08:08:41

Great news Bubble and love the name StrongBo.

Hilarious about the male nipple comforting a baby. Am going to mention it to DH now!!

hub2dee Tue 14-Jun-05 08:26:46

Sounds painful, bubb.,,,, but might be fun. Isn't that what men invented dummies for ?.... another fine time / pain-saving invention.

LGJ Tue 14-Jun-05 08:29:01

OH Sweetheart.........................

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehawwwwwwwwwwwwww

Much love

LGJ

roosmum Tue 14-Jun-05 10:01:11

never posted to you before...but that's great news. sending all good vibes your way!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now