Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sorry - more calling on the wisdom of MN'ers.....

(9 Posts)
Gwenick Fri 10-Jun-05 09:29:56

Artwork catergories on our website include, Animals, Birds, Fish, People, Places and Buildings, and Landscape.

BUT I've got quite a few to put on that don't fit into those catergories and need to do a 'other' type catergory (as there won't be enough of each type to warrant a whole catergory for each one).

What do I call it I did think of

"miscellaneous" - but don't know if that sounds really unprofessional.....

acnebride Fri 10-Jun-05 09:31:53

Honest truth, if I were looking on a website I think I'd rather have several accurate categories that only contain one picture than a huge 'other' category that took ages to search, esp if I were still on a dialup connection.

What are some of the pictures you are looking to catalogue of?

Gwenick Fri 10-Jun-05 09:33:19

Actually - just double checked how many I've got to put in the 'other' catergory and there's only 3.....

"Old Ships Plan", "Old Map of Africa" and "San Rock Paintings".....

acnebride Fri 10-Jun-05 09:38:31

Is San Rock coastal? if so, you could have a Maps category and a Ships and Shoreline category. Also, could your website show in the list of categories how many artworks each one contains - I always like that.

Wow I like poking my nose in to something I know nothing about!!

Gwenick Fri 10-Jun-05 09:44:26

No - San Rock Paintings - is prints of the "San Rock Painting" (rock painting from caves somewhere).

Thing is we don't 'only' sell prints, that's just a small part of what we do....and we prefer no numbers of items in catergories as it makes people look further

Gwenick Fri 10-Jun-05 10:29:08

HELP - got to put these 3 prints (well 2 single prints and one 'set' on now.......) should I just call it "miscellaneous" for now????

Hausfrau Fri 10-Jun-05 10:30:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Gwenick Fri 10-Jun-05 10:31:55

might go with "Others" (it's easier to spell LOL) I can always change it later (either if DH REALLY does like the word I use, or we get another print supplier so we can do more 'viable' catergories) LOL

Hausfrau Fri 10-Jun-05 10:37:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now