Talk

Advanced search

WHAT'S HAPPENED TO MN????

(46 Posts)
ambrosia Sun 05-Jun-05 13:52:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

spacecadet Sun 05-Jun-05 14:09:41

ambrosia, dont be put off, i have posted on mn for 8 months now and love it, i think the clique thing started a while ago when someone mentioned that they thought mn was a bit"your not in my gang" and the threads that have followed on are intended i think to be toungue in cheek, i dont post on v controversial threads as i dont want to be seen as adding fuel to the fire, i do post lightheartdly on the clique threads though, i suspect it will all die down soon[hopeful look] but if you dont like those threads, just post on the ones that you feel are genuinely offering a support.

Mud Sun 05-Jun-05 14:11:14

to be fair - 'getting a RL' should always look like a better bet than mn

Gwenick Sun 05-Jun-05 14:12:06

I bet if we were to look back through to archives to 1yr ago or so we'd find other times when similar types of threads have come up. Any large forum will ALWAYS have those types of threads coming up at various points......

snafu Sun 05-Jun-05 14:13:28

Because once one person starts that sort of thread (lightheartedly or not, as the case may be), loads of others follow suit. And then people start threads asking why people have started those threads. And then more people start threads asking why people have started threads asking about the original threads.

And then someone shouts 'CLIQUE!' and we all dive for cover, and come up smiling again a couple of days later.

spacecadet Sun 05-Jun-05 14:14:30

im assuming that most people on mn have a RL anyway, mud

Gwenick Sun 05-Jun-05 14:15:14

what's a RL?? A real life??? What's one of those

spacecadet Sun 05-Jun-05 14:15:15

you worded that better than me snafu, thanks

Puff Sun 05-Jun-05 14:15:36

ambrosia, there tends to be "Clique Weeks" on here every so often - it will all blow over - 'tis rather tedious.

whatsaregular Sun 05-Jun-05 14:17:03

ambrosia - am with you on that one. I have just emailed mn headquarters to delete my membership. Have foudn another parenting site that is much more welcoming.

KBear Sun 05-Jun-05 14:17:19

ambrosia I agree that it's all gone a big "off the point" as in more threads about cliques than parenting but I just read the bits that interest me, ignore the rows cos I don't like rows , I post on threads now and then and generally use MN for a wee bit of escapism and a light-hearted way to spend the odd hour here and there.

ambrosia Sun 05-Jun-05 14:17:24

spacecadet Sun 05-Jun-05 14:18:18

rl gwenick, you know, no sleep, housework, stress etc!!!!!!!!!!

Gwenick Sun 05-Jun-05 14:19:12

spacecadet - sorry no I still don't understand

lunachic Sun 05-Jun-05 14:23:20

ive been on and off here since 2003
i really dont know what everyones getting their knickers in a twist about-theres lots of lovely people to talk to on here-if you dont like a thread or another member just avoid it /them and dont let it bug you.

sometimes people do ignore you on threads- then i just think screw you !

lunachic Sun 05-Jun-05 15:26:12

screw yous then !

ScrewballMuppet Sun 05-Jun-05 15:31:26

Charming!
Agree with you lunachic on the not letting things bog you down.
Everything has highs and lows I say go with the flow. Ignore the threads you feel are offensive or not nice and post on the ones that you do like

cod Sun 05-Jun-05 15:32:12

Message withdrawn

giraffeski Sun 05-Jun-05 15:33:05

Message withdrawn

giraffeski Sun 05-Jun-05 15:33:30

Message withdrawn

cod Sun 05-Jun-05 15:33:40

Message withdrawn

lunachic Sun 05-Jun-05 15:43:21

hey you lot your not a clic (as they say up north) are you do know if i can talk to you if you are - off to do some int shopping while dbp(dickbrainpants) gets over his alcohol poisining -think empting sick bucket warant slapping his cc for a tenner in jojo !
there ive prob really killed this clicky/not clicky thread now
srew u then (in the politest poss way of course)

morningpaper Sun 05-Jun-05 15:45:54

> getting a RL is looking like a better bet than mn at the moment

I should hope so! We're only here because we're desperate.

ambrosia Sun 05-Jun-05 16:09:14

emmerdale Sun 05-Jun-05 16:17:46

WHATSAREGULAR - care to mention the other parenting site

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now