Talk

Advanced search

23 mth old Daughter Demanding Dummy

(7 Posts)
Mojomummy Thu 02-Jun-05 12:35:05

Hello, just searching for some dummy advice when I saw this thread.

My dd is nearly 2 & has a little friend who has a dummy ( she is at nursery 3 days a week & none of them have dummies) Anyway, little Lucy came to play with her dummy & then put it on the sofa, my DD picked it up & wanted to play with it, so with my friends permission I washed it & DD had that one & Lucy had the 'spare'. Instead of sucking it though, DD just held it between her teeth with mouth open & dribbling. Unfortunately DD ended up keeping the dummy & HAD to take it to bed with her. Since then, DD had frequently as for DUM YUM. I've been in bed for over a fornight, ill, so wondered if she is feeling a bit negelected ( I have given her lots of cuddles/read stories & she still has BF twice a day). I don't mind her having the dummy if it is filling a need, but I don't really understand it.....can anyone offer any advice ? (DD also has a doll with a dummy & we have hidden the dummy 'cos she was holding this between her teeth)

expatinscotland Thu 02-Jun-05 12:37:08

I feel embarrassed. Our DD has had a dummy to sleep since she was a newborn and she is 23 months. She calls it 'dubby' and when we lay her down to bed the first thing she says is 'dubby'.

Mojomummy Thu 02-Jun-05 12:48:02

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

ssd Thu 02-Jun-05 13:08:50

expat, don't feel embarrased. My ds2 had a dummy until 3 and 1/2, but we got rid of it in the end. It will go one day!

lisalisa Thu 02-Jun-05 13:13:35

Message withdrawn

ambrosia Thu 02-Jun-05 13:21:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

joash Thu 02-Jun-05 13:47:37

All three of mine had dummies - but all three got rid of them by about 12months old. however, GS has his dummy for bed and at 2 1/2 shows absolutely no sign of giving it up. I wouldn't worry too much - its not like your DD has it permenantly stuck in her mouth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now