Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Relocation to Sheffield/sheffield mums

(10 Posts)
pooka Sat 14-May-05 11:26:04

Hi
A friend of mine will be relocating with her dh and dd (2 years) to Sheffield from se london (kent) in January. He will be working at the university.

She is completely clueless about where nice places to live are! They are due to go looking around in the next few weekends. Any advice about family friendly areas, as green as possible, with good schools and mums networks and lovely houses?

Any advice would be hugely appreciated, because she's finding the idea of the move rather daunting, understandably.

Thanks in advance

Yorkiegirl Sat 14-May-05 11:57:37

Message withdrawn

slartibardfast Sat 14-May-05 13:11:41

Somewhere to live: Most University people will live in S10 or S11 - mostly upmarket and leafy, but compared with Kent, cheap.

I like this house which is round the corner from me. From this search from this list of estate agents.

Sheffiel scene is a good website (Needs Flash on the browser fo snazziest effects) and there is always the Council site

purpleturtle Sat 14-May-05 13:14:04

Think Fulwood, Crosspool, Crookes, Nether Green. Good schools, green, nice houses, lots of families, loads of mums and toddler groups.

pooka Sat 14-May-05 13:26:30

Thanks so much. Will search archives - I'm stupid, always forget to look there!

purpleturtle Sat 14-May-05 13:31:12

This is the one pooka

Hulababy Sat 14-May-05 17:43:23

For the univerity I would also recommend S10 and S11. The big estate agents in Sheffield are Blundells, Saxton Mee and ELR, although the previous link to the list of loval estate agents is very comprehensive.

pooka Sat 14-May-05 18:59:21

Thanks all and thanks for the link purpleturtle. Will print off the thread and pass it on.

purpleturtle Sat 14-May-05 20:30:04

Haybrooks would also argue that they are 'big' in Sheffield. (Trust me, they valued my house on Monday!)

katzguk Sat 14-May-05 20:42:58

ditto what everyone else has said! S10 S11, Crookes is great for getting to the Uni, we live here and i work at the uni!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now