Talk

Advanced search

help my fire alarm is beeping - make it stop!

(11 Posts)
janeybops Mon 25-Apr-05 21:38:12

my fire alarm is beeping pleas help me stop it. it is not a battery run one but one that is wired to electricity.

thanks

sparklymieow Mon 25-Apr-05 21:39:24

press the reset button??

janeybops Mon 25-Apr-05 21:40:27

my dh has tried that and it is beeping louder now. arghhhh

any ideas on how to switch it off without sitting in darkness?

morningpaper Mon 25-Apr-05 21:40:34

Is it attached to a pendant light? Sometimes they need recharging (keep the light switched on overnight).

janeybops Mon 25-Apr-05 21:43:18

no they are on the ceiling in hall and at top of stairs. we have a loft conversion so building regs meant we had to have a proper wired for electricity interlinked system. arghhhhhh

SaintGeorge Mon 25-Apr-05 21:46:37

Don't want to worry you, but are you sure they aren't also integrated CO detectors? Is it possible they are picking up carbon monoxcide and not smoke?

rickman Mon 25-Apr-05 21:46:47

Message withdrawn

sparklymieow Mon 25-Apr-05 21:46:58

Mine was attached to the elec. and one night my eleccy went off and about 1 or 2 hours later the alarm went off........ Could it be a fault with your elec. supply to that one... have you check the tripswitch is still on....

janeybops Mon 25-Apr-05 21:49:29

rickman that would be great my dh is losing it with them!

rickman Mon 25-Apr-05 21:56:21

Message withdrawn

janeybops Mon 25-Apr-05 22:01:43

thanks Rickman, but I have just twisted the one with red light off of the ceiling and then put it back and so far it seems to have stopped - maybe a loose connection??? coincidently our boiler/heating has just turned off as well, so am now worried it senses carbon monoxide too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now