Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Too old to dance?

(7 Posts)
pleaserewind Mon 11-Apr-05 13:52:09

when i was a child i took ballet lessons and exams and it was the love of my life. In fact the only thing i've ever been good at. When i got to about 13 my dance teacher moved away and the only other place for me to go was miles away and my mother didn't drive.
I have always deeply regretted having not pushed more for the lessons and to this day i can't watch ballet without a deep yearning to do it myself.
I know i am well passed the age(nearly 30) for it but does anyone know of any adult ballet classes around manchester or even have any stories similar to mine?

flashingnose Mon 11-Apr-05 13:53:58

My friend started ballet for the first time when she was 35 and loved it

pleaserewind Mon 11-Apr-05 13:56:44

really flashingnose? maybe there is hope then, i soooooooo want to do it!

NomDePlume Mon 11-Apr-05 13:56:56

There must be adult ballet sessions in Manchester. ...

A few skims over yell.com produced these.....

Dartfield School Of Dancing
8, Roseleigh Avenue, Manchester, Lancashire M19 2NP
Tel: 0161 224 9361
Classification: Dancing Schools
• Ballet Tap and Modern. • Classes For Children & Adults. • RAD, IDTA, NATD. • Private/Group Tuition. • Royal Academy of Dance Exams. • Term Time Classes

M19 any good ?

NomDePlume Mon 11-Apr-05 13:59:29

m19 is Burnage / Withington

pleaserewind Mon 11-Apr-05 14:02:01

Thanx but a bit far for me, i live closer to Rochdale. Maybe i will ring a few dance schools. Don't want to end up in a class with fantastic dancers making a fool of myself tho
i can't even turn my feet out into the positions any more, surprising how you stiffen up with age!

NomDePlume Mon 11-Apr-05 14:04:35

I'd just open the yellow pages/thomson or whatever and ring round the local dance centres asking if they offer sessions for beginner adults, IYSWIM. TBH, I think you'd still be considered a beginner despite earlier ballet training 15 years ago.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now