Talk

Advanced search

I AM being unreasonable! (Is this a first for Mumsnet?)

(42 Posts)
scarletwoman Wed 30-Mar-05 13:36:49

Message withdrawn

RudyDudy Wed 30-Mar-05 13:38:16

LOL at having your knickers inspected

laneydaye Wed 30-Mar-05 13:38:21

ha ha ha you are really lucky shops usually have a policy about knickers ......

RudyDudy Wed 30-Mar-05 13:39:52

though on a more serious note I don't think the woman should have made you feel bad - that doesn't do much for the wonderful returns policy reputation M&S have.

And what would she have said if there had been a mark and you'd started debating whether you had caused it

WideWebWitch Wed 30-Mar-05 13:39:59

Eewww! I will make a point of not buying scarlet knickers in the next few months. You truly have no shame and I ALWAYS come onto these threads and tell people they're not unreasonable!

scarletwoman Wed 30-Mar-05 13:44:31

Message withdrawn

Bozza Wed 30-Mar-05 13:45:23

But now she doesn't know what colour knickers to avoid.

scarletwoman Wed 30-Mar-05 13:46:16

Message withdrawn

WideWebWitch Wed 30-Mar-05 13:47:24

I am shuddering at the idea of having a worn pair of knicks studied at M&S returns counter!

Dior Wed 30-Mar-05 13:47:50

Message withdrawn

WideWebWitch Wed 30-Mar-05 13:48:28

and I am the woman who wore an M&S suit, complete with tags, to an interview and then returned it for a full refund (I was pregnant, knew I wouldn't wear it again)

scarletwoman Wed 30-Mar-05 13:48:28

Message withdrawn

hunkermunker Wed 30-Mar-05 13:48:53

Just as a hijack-type aside, Scarletwoman, did you get a cash refund without a receipt at M&S? I took some bras back a while ago (totally wrong label in them - weird size!) and they just handed me the money and were really apologetic, even though I had no receipt. What's to say I'd not just picked them up in the store on the way to the returns desk?!

fastasleep Wed 30-Mar-05 13:49:14

WWW what a cool idea!!

hamster Wed 30-Mar-05 13:50:09

Poor you for the embarrassment factor!
I have tried to return underwear in the past, and have been refused...

Mind you....Ewww to the thought of purchasing knickers that have been worn!

hunkermunker Wed 30-Mar-05 13:51:12

Hamster, read that as I have tried to return underwear in the post, which for some reason made me laugh

scarletwoman Wed 30-Mar-05 13:51:33

Message withdrawn

Dior Wed 30-Mar-05 13:52:31

Message withdrawn

scarletwoman Wed 30-Mar-05 13:52:47

Message withdrawn

StuartC Wed 30-Mar-05 13:56:05

You could have sold them on ebay... (with a full description of having been used).

WideWebWitch Wed 30-Mar-05 13:56:35

eeewwww!

SoupDragon Wed 30-Mar-05 14:06:59

Is it any different from trying them on in the changing rooms? I've returned a pair in the past for similar reasons and was unlucky enough to be served by a man at the reurns desk.

expatinscotland Wed 30-Mar-05 14:11:51

Boak! Return knickers? I can't say I've ever heard of a shop that takes back used knickers, or that I'd patronise a shop that did - at least for lingerie.

Sorry, you asked, so I'll tell you: yeah, I find it unreasonable to return used knickers and expect to be treated like it's a tshirt.

Just my 2p.

motherpeculiar Wed 30-Mar-05 14:13:05

I just returned two pairs last week at M&S. They still had labels on and all, I'd just tried them on at home (over undies, as advised in changing rooms etc) and didn't like them

I was served by a bloke, I didn't even bat an eyelid, poor guy was probably in an awful state

I NEVER realised it wasn't the done thing

that's so funny...I am so out of touch....

maybe he was just terrified by my massive pregnancy bump and no-nonsense (read absolutely shattered from shopping in central london with aforementioned bump) expression

BRING BACK YOUR UNCOMFY KNICKERS AND BE PROUD
that's what I say

LGJ Wed 30-Mar-05 14:14:01

You should be grateful, they didn't smell them

Years ago I took a jumper back, I had put it on, decided it was not quite right, took it off and took it back.

He went over it with fine tooth comb and then smelt the armpits

I said I think that was rather unnecesacary (sp) and he said, "it's my job.................to which I replied some job, sniffing armpits, was it in the job description, because personally I wouldn't have taken the job.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: