Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I AM being unreasonable! (Is this a first for Mumsnet?)

(42 Posts)
scarletwoman Wed 30-Mar-05 13:36:49

Message withdrawn

RudyDudy Wed 30-Mar-05 13:38:16

LOL at having your knickers inspected

laneydaye Wed 30-Mar-05 13:38:21

ha ha ha you are really lucky shops usually have a policy about knickers ......

RudyDudy Wed 30-Mar-05 13:39:52

though on a more serious note I don't think the woman should have made you feel bad - that doesn't do much for the wonderful returns policy reputation M&S have.

And what would she have said if there had been a mark and you'd started debating whether you had caused it

WideWebWitch Wed 30-Mar-05 13:39:59

Eewww! I will make a point of not buying scarlet knickers in the next few months. You truly have no shame and I ALWAYS come onto these threads and tell people they're not unreasonable!

scarletwoman Wed 30-Mar-05 13:44:31

Message withdrawn

Bozza Wed 30-Mar-05 13:45:23

But now she doesn't know what colour knickers to avoid.

scarletwoman Wed 30-Mar-05 13:46:16

Message withdrawn

WideWebWitch Wed 30-Mar-05 13:47:24

I am shuddering at the idea of having a worn pair of knicks studied at M&S returns counter!

Dior Wed 30-Mar-05 13:47:50

Message withdrawn

WideWebWitch Wed 30-Mar-05 13:48:28

and I am the woman who wore an M&S suit, complete with tags, to an interview and then returned it for a full refund (I was pregnant, knew I wouldn't wear it again)

scarletwoman Wed 30-Mar-05 13:48:28

Message withdrawn

hunkermunker Wed 30-Mar-05 13:48:53

Just as a hijack-type aside, Scarletwoman, did you get a cash refund without a receipt at M&S? I took some bras back a while ago (totally wrong label in them - weird size!) and they just handed me the money and were really apologetic, even though I had no receipt. What's to say I'd not just picked them up in the store on the way to the returns desk?!

fastasleep Wed 30-Mar-05 13:49:14

WWW what a cool idea!!

hamster Wed 30-Mar-05 13:50:09

Poor you for the embarrassment factor!
I have tried to return underwear in the past, and have been refused...

Mind you....Ewww to the thought of purchasing knickers that have been worn!

hunkermunker Wed 30-Mar-05 13:51:12

Hamster, read that as I have tried to return underwear in the post, which for some reason made me laugh

scarletwoman Wed 30-Mar-05 13:51:33

Message withdrawn

Dior Wed 30-Mar-05 13:52:31

Message withdrawn

scarletwoman Wed 30-Mar-05 13:52:47

Message withdrawn

StuartC Wed 30-Mar-05 13:56:05

You could have sold them on ebay... (with a full description of having been used).

WideWebWitch Wed 30-Mar-05 13:56:35

eeewwww!

SoupDragon Wed 30-Mar-05 14:06:59

Is it any different from trying them on in the changing rooms? I've returned a pair in the past for similar reasons and was unlucky enough to be served by a man at the reurns desk.

expatinscotland Wed 30-Mar-05 14:11:51

Boak! Return knickers? I can't say I've ever heard of a shop that takes back used knickers, or that I'd patronise a shop that did - at least for lingerie.

Sorry, you asked, so I'll tell you: yeah, I find it unreasonable to return used knickers and expect to be treated like it's a tshirt.

Just my 2p.

motherpeculiar Wed 30-Mar-05 14:13:05

I just returned two pairs last week at M&S. They still had labels on and all, I'd just tried them on at home (over undies, as advised in changing rooms etc) and didn't like them

I was served by a bloke, I didn't even bat an eyelid, poor guy was probably in an awful state

I NEVER realised it wasn't the done thing

that's so funny...I am so out of touch....

maybe he was just terrified by my massive pregnancy bump and no-nonsense (read absolutely shattered from shopping in central london with aforementioned bump) expression

BRING BACK YOUR UNCOMFY KNICKERS AND BE PROUD
that's what I say

LGJ Wed 30-Mar-05 14:14:01

You should be grateful, they didn't smell them

Years ago I took a jumper back, I had put it on, decided it was not quite right, took it off and took it back.

He went over it with fine tooth comb and then smelt the armpits

I said I think that was rather unnecesacary (sp) and he said, "it's my job.................to which I replied some job, sniffing armpits, was it in the job description, because personally I wouldn't have taken the job.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now