Talk

Advanced search

DH's song for DD

(9 Posts)
ThomCat Tue 15-Feb-05 16:26:06

Just heard this on the radio.
I remeber when it came out when lottie was tiny and D heard it and said the words in the chourus really made him think of Lottie. I've loved hearing the song ever since and sitting hre with a big grin:

Here are the words (it's a Darius song unfortunatly!)

Nobody told me you'd feel so good
Nobody said you'd be so beautiful
Nobody warned me about your smile
You're the light, you're the light
When I close my eyes
I'm colour blind

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Tue 15-Feb-05 16:27:38

See, I told you Darius was good.

Cadbury Tue 15-Feb-05 16:28:57

Love that song.

northerner Tue 15-Feb-05 16:29:19

Sweet

I like Draius actually!

When ds was a tiny babe there was an advert on TV all of the time (can't remember what it advertised) but the music was:

I'm sticking with you
Cause I'm made out of glue
Everything that you might do
I'm gonna do to
Cause I'm sticking with you

That reminds me of ds.

ThomCat Tue 15-Feb-05 16:45:32

Ha Northener, I so know that song and loved it, just can't remeber it properly or what it was advertising, but loved the song.

vala Tue 15-Feb-05 16:50:29

Northerner, it was a Hyundia car advert. Began August 2002. I remember this from when my DS was little too. (born July 2002).

CountessDracula Tue 15-Feb-05 16:51:22

Oh god my dh used to sing "Hey Baby Hey Baby Hey, Boys say, Boys say" that No Doubt song to dd when she was first born. So sweet

northerner Tue 15-Feb-05 16:51:58

Hyundai - taht was it! Thanks Vala.

ThomCat Tue 15-Feb-05 16:56:18

The song that i used to sing when i was pregnant was hush little baby, the lulaby. To this day if Lottie is fractious or over tired and won't sleep or anything like that I start singing it quietly to her and it calms her or sends her to sleep straight away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now