Talk

Advanced search

Diaries and calenders. What do you use to keep track of you and your kids activities?

(14 Posts)
Dragonbutter Tue 08-Jul-08 23:57:52

I've had a look at the organised mum stuff, but the family diary looks a bit big to carry around all the time.

Do i need one with a column for each member of the family?
Do i need a calender and a diary?

I used to use a palm pilot but am not sure how it would adapt to keeping schedules of four people?

Help!
TIA

BoysAreLikeDogs Wed 09-Jul-08 00:01:20

Crikey

I have a ring-binder A5 size diary and cram all four persons' activities intp it.

I cross-ref with my CM wallplanner hmm

Can't work out the calender thingy on my mobile

[old-fogey]

Dragonbutter Wed 09-Jul-08 00:10:06

BALD - you're still alive then?

My phone doesn't do anything fancy. I'm not sure where my palm pilot is, somewhere in a box from my previous life where i had a career.
Not sure i've got time to fiddle around with it now.

For the last couple of years i've just run things from a calender in my kitchen. But i just started a new job and the hours vary and there are other hours up for grabs but i can't decide on anything unless i'm stood in my kitchen.
That's the dilemma.

Dragonbutter Wed 09-Jul-08 00:29:08

Admittedly this isn't the most exciting mn thread and is unlikely to make it to classics.
But help me. I need to be more organised.

jura Wed 09-Jul-08 00:38:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Califrau Wed 09-Jul-08 01:03:01

Califrau Wed 09-Jul-08 01:03:57

fivecandles Wed 09-Jul-08 10:43:49

Google calendar. It sends you email reminders and you can print and view events by day, week and month. Love it.

Dragonbutter Wed 09-Jul-08 14:48:05

i think i'm going to need a calender and a diary.
am seriously considering a filofax.

Califrau Wed 09-Jul-08 17:26:07

maidamess Wed 09-Jul-08 17:28:03

I have a spiral bound diary, a page to 2 days. There are so many of us I need a big box to write in.

The downside is that I turn the page and am suddenly confronted with my Mums birthday and I've not got her anything.

ComeOVeneer Wed 09-Jul-08 17:30:31

I have the organised mum family life book, and the wall calnedar. Like others have said, if it isn't put on the calendar thentough if we are double booked.

AMumInScotland Wed 09-Jul-08 19:51:18

I go with a family calendar in the kitchen, which we all live by, and have a small diary in my handbag which I copy it into. Then I copy it from there to my work calendar, so no-one can book me a meeting when I'm going to be leaving early.

Dragonbutter Sat 12-Jul-08 22:02:08

Thanks everyone who posted.
I've got a filofax now and so far so good. I haven't decided between a dodopad or an organised mum calender yet, but as DH never looks at the calender we already have, I'm not 100% sure it's necessary.
For now, everythings' in the filofax and very portable so that's good.
As long as I don't lose it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now