Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

megalegs/pph/sophable/other POULKRTY TYPES...guess what ive had today??????

(13 Posts)
MaloryTowers Tue 24-Jul-07 17:12:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MaloryTowers Tue 24-Jul-07 20:12:57

DobbyDoesDallas Tue 24-Jul-07 20:14:27

are they ugly fuckers?

MaloryTowers Tue 24-Jul-07 20:16:09

MegaLegs Tue 24-Jul-07 20:21:27

ooh they sound cute - post a pic. Think they must be like chickens to feed. With our pigs we follow a feeding schedule to get them nice and fat - might be similar for turkeys. Saw some at rare breed show on Sun. The male's face looked like a scrotum but it made an excellent noise, gobble gobble.

My farkin bonkers Maran has eaten one of her eggs, the chicks are due on Thurs, I just know she is going to be a crap mother, have chick SCBU on standby, incubator and heat lamp.

TheDuchessOfNorks Tue 24-Jul-07 20:28:55

Sorry but at Megalegs crap Maran mother!

Congratulations MT! Turkeys - just like hens, but they shit more. And they are much noisier. There are a dozen at our local poultry farm and they're very friendly and seem to mix well with all the other birds.

Pictures please!!!

MegaLegs Tue 24-Jul-07 20:40:53

Turkey chicks are called poults and the cocks are called stags swot [emoticon] ( I have been googling turkeys.)

Whooosh Tue 24-Jul-07 20:42:13

Aaaaaah.
So who's gonna kill them in December???

MegaLegs Tue 24-Jul-07 20:44:00

She is bonkers DoN - I let her out for food, drink and a big poo for five mins each morning and she legs it, squawking (I think she is saying "I have changed my mind"). I have to catch her and put her back in, she always goes straight back to sit on her eggs though.

Lulu and Ziggy Neverland (her foster chick)are living in bliss in the back garden. Now she is an excellent mother.

DobbyDoesDallas Tue 24-Jul-07 21:01:16

are Marans nice?

my neighbour has them and the eggs are GORGE

other neighbour has hybrid brown hens (recommended by all and sundry), she sells the eggs and they are not nice

still dithering over whether to get them at all - holidays????????

MegaLegs Tue 24-Jul-07 21:05:58

Our maran lays littl dark brown eggs but she is mad. all the other hens avoid her and she escapes at every possible opportunity. Don't know if this is typical of marans though.

Whooosh Tue 24-Jul-07 22:07:33

I sooooo want chickens -but only for eggs-just not suree I could do the killing bit....

MaloryTowers Wed 25-Jul-07 09:12:07

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now