Talk

Advanced search

Suedonim - even more keen to hear from you now!

(8 Posts)
sobernow Thu 13-Jun-02 18:20:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SueDonim Fri 14-Jun-02 11:15:30

Oh, golly, a thread all to myself - how embarassing!! But thank you for your interest, Sobernow. I suppose what I meant by not wanting to be seen as critical is that I'm not really in a position to get the other side of the story, as I don't speak the language etc. But I think there wil be other ways to find out about things.

Today I went to an association that does work with poorer communities, paying for children to have operations to mend cleft palates, helping promote the sale of craft goods made by disabled people, going into orphanages to play with the children etc. Also, an interesting piece in the paper today of the offical definitons of poverty - will put that up on here later, if you're interested.

sobernow Fri 14-Jun-02 12:33:49

SueW Fri 14-Jun-02 13:34:48

Oooh yes a regular spot definitely -From our own correspondent.

Mopsy Fri 14-Jun-02 14:46:09

Suedonim

I'm sure I'm not the only one here who'd be interested to hear more about the association you mention....you have a big network of people to tap into on here who can help out should you decide you want to support them in an active way (eg publicity, fundraising). Just a thought.

Let us know how your family is settling in
love Mopsy x

Rosy Sat 15-Jun-02 08:34:29

Just to add my "welcome back" to the others, and I look forward to hearing your news. R.

janh Sat 15-Jun-02 17:19:57

It is good to hear from you again, Suedonim, and agree with the others that it will be fascinating to hear your take on things.
How are your dds settling in? How hot is it?

sobernow, when and why did Sting say that about the Russians?

sobernow Sat 15-Jun-02 20:03:50

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: