Talk

Advanced search

Hampshire mums - Free books for kids born in 2004

(8 Posts)
pepperrabbit Fri 26-May-06 14:46:20

Just wanted to publicise the Bookstart scheme where if you take your red book to your local library they will give you a free Bookstart pack with a couple of books, crayons, number poster etc all in a proper book bag.
Not sure if it's in the rest of the country as well - it's govt sponsored so probably.
My local librarian was desperate to let everyone know as they have loads and I was the first person to ask!
Apparently HVs are supposed to tell mums - but of course Hampshire no longer do the 18/24 month health check and therefore no-one sees their HV!!

chjlly Fri 26-May-06 14:52:27

Grrr - dd doesn't have a red book as they don't have client heldo records in Scotland we are now living in Hampshire so will probably miss out

pepperrabbit Fri 26-May-06 14:56:24

TBH I got the impression they had so many packs that they'd probably give you one if you took in her birth certificate perhaps?

lexiemum Fri 26-May-06 17:06:04

bookstart up and running in oxfordshire too - got a shopping bag with 2 books and placemat in it for DD2 at her 6-9mth check with the HV. Pretty nice books too.

shall pop into our library and see if I get anything for DD1

GarfieldsGirl Fri 26-May-06 17:15:45

There are different stages of Bookstart (I think 3) ds1 got his from nursery otherwise I wouldn't have known about it.

pepperrabbit Fri 26-May-06 19:40:16

bump for evening crowd

pepperrabbit Sat 27-May-06 20:41:59

bump

pepperrabbit Thu 01-Jun-06 21:15:00

another bump as it's free books...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: