Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ds (2) needs a fancy dress outfit next week for nursery - any ideas

(9 Posts)
bobbybob Thu 24-Mar-05 08:05:42

The director of ds's nursery is moving away and they are having a fancy dress day to celebrate.

So any suggestions within the following constraints:

No face paint - allergic
No masks - won't keep on for more than 5 minutes, can't have most elastic anyway so more trouble than worth.
Not too hot - has to wear it all day (have a fabulous elephant costume I have been saving for him, but made out of polar fleece and he will boil)
I have no sewing machine.

Oh, I wish he was a girl and I just stick a tutu, a pair of wings and a tiara and voila - instant fairy.

Yorkiegirl Thu 24-Mar-05 08:07:56

Message withdrawn

soapbox Thu 24-Mar-05 08:11:44

Pirates are very popular at that age!

Pair of cut of trousers with raggedy bottoms, white top, red scarf tied round waist and a hankerchief or bandana on head. Eye patch if he will tolerate it!

soapbox Thu 24-Mar-05 08:12:09

cut off

Merlot Thu 24-Mar-05 08:16:14

Agree - Pirates are a good choice. Or a King. Crown and a cloak and its obvious what they are.

bobbybob Thu 24-Mar-05 08:26:34

Like the king idea as he can take it off later.

I refuse to do Bob the Builder as everyone will be expecting it.

Any unisex ideas?

Tissy Thu 24-Mar-05 09:35:16

Noddy- red top, blue shorts, scarf of yellow fabric with painted red dots, blue hat with a bell sewn on.The only thing that would need sewing is the hat, and you wouldn't need a machine for that.

nutcracker Thu 24-Mar-05 09:36:06

Woolies actually do a Noddy costume now.

Chandra Sat 02-Apr-05 17:15:38

I've got a Noddy costume from Woolworths, it was about 12 pounds. It comes with hat, shirt, trousers and shoes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now