Talk

Advanced search

So is this the record for the shortest gig...

(17 Posts)
jojosmaman Thu 02-Oct-08 23:32:37

...55mins? The Ting Tings at the Academy in Manchester? Good but less than an hour? They could have just sang that's not my name twice!!

littlelapin Thu 02-Oct-08 23:37:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Skramble Thu 02-Oct-08 23:38:26

Oasis have had shorter gigs but they had a bottle chucked at them.

jojosmaman Thu 02-Oct-08 23:39:00

lol, ah yes, I forgot about Amy!

AllFallDown Fri 03-Oct-08 13:57:41

They've only got one album. What did you expect?

MerlinsBeard Fri 03-Oct-08 13:58:33

they have 3 songs and 1 album so 55 mins is very long lol!

southeastastra Fri 03-Oct-08 13:58:44

i went to see the beautiful south and they only lasted about half an hour after some threw a bottle at them

TheDevilWearsPrimark Fri 03-Oct-08 14:02:16

Was it Aphex Twin who for one gig put a laptop on the stage that just made a repetetive droning sound, for an hour?

Some people stayed for the whole thing.

Now that would be worth moaning about.

LouMacca Fri 03-Oct-08 14:03:55

I went to see the strokes a couple of years ago and they too played for 55 mins - i was really miffed. The tickets weren't cheap and they had 2 albums out at the time.

jojosmaman Fri 03-Oct-08 16:04:37

I thought they may have had some sneaky new songs that they would have worked on in prep for the gig, we bought the tickets months ago. They were good though, quality not quantity and all that.

Maybe that's the norm then for one albumers? Thinking about it I've never been to a gig of someone who just has one album.... except when I went to see D:ream and he did actually play "Things can only get better" twice!!

Cocolepew Fri 03-Oct-08 16:05:55

The Jesus ans Mary Chain used to play for about 21 seconds.

Or some such.

jojosmaman Fri 03-Oct-08 16:08:34

mumofmonsters- I thought it was three songs but its actually four, we realised this when we were there

That's not my name
Great DJ (the boys ah ah ah ah ah ah and the drums ah ah ah)
Shut up and let me go
The new one!

Three is always my cut off point for a gig/ buying an album, if they have three good songs I know I give it a go. Like the Pigeon Detectives, went to see them recently and they were excellent.

PS- I was about 13 when I went to see D:ream by the way!

jojosmaman Fri 03-Oct-08 16:11:08

21 seconds? I got a bargain then!

Oasis's new tour set is supposed to be over two hours long. Noel said his manager is panicing saying its too long so he said well don't come then!

AllFallDown Fri 03-Oct-08 16:15:33

I go to plenty of gigs where they've only got 40 minutes of songs to play. Better than only having 40 minutes of good songs but playing for 90 minutes.

Aimsmum Fri 03-Oct-08 16:17:24

Message withdrawn

jojosmaman Fri 03-Oct-08 16:21:59

Agree allfalldown, I am just used to the usual hour and a bit so thought it was an "encore" game until i nearly got trampled on by a load of students trying to get out to the pub. To be fair to her, Katie the singer did say "this is our last song" before she sang it.

AnathemaDevice Sun 05-Oct-08 20:31:35

Shortest gig I ever saw was JJ72, they were onstage for about 40 minutes. They were rubbish, too... Took me longer to get t the gig than it did to watch the bloody thing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now