Talk

Advanced search

I need the notes to "Baa baa black sheep on teh recorder"

(12 Posts)
DontNeedAnything Wed 03-Sep-08 19:20:19

ASAP please my 2yo is desperate and shouting imn my ear to play baa baa black sheep on recorder.

<I just hope she doesn't want ITNG theme next hmm>

thequietone Wed 03-Sep-08 19:22:55

c c g g a-b-c-a-g, f f e e d d c. g g-g f f-f e e-e d d, g g-g f g a f e d-d c

BoysAreLikeDogs Wed 03-Sep-08 19:26:04

Yup, have tootled the quiet one's notes, all present and correct.

DontNeedAnything Wed 03-Sep-08 19:26:11

TY v much.

It is unbelievable how hard it s to play though without the visuale notes (althoug I have to write the letters - I can't read and play simultaneously.

thequietone Wed 03-Sep-08 19:27:48

At last, my perfect pitch has come into use! Any other songs anyone wants to know?
DNA - I wanted to give a visual finger chart, but that's a bit tricky ASAP!

FlightAttendent Wed 03-Sep-08 19:29:37

I would start in d as easier on a descant anyway.

dd aa b c# d b a

gg f#f# ee d

aaa ggg f#f#f# e e

aaa gabg f# ee d

DontNeedAnything Wed 03-Sep-08 19:31:33

I can do the fingering...it is just the rhytmn. O kept wanting to do the rhythmn from Twinkle for some reason.

DontNeedAnything Wed 03-Sep-08 19:32:54

DTDs (and I) don't know F# though...well I think I do it just doesn't sound right.

<Same as low D but with the top hole on the bottom hand open?>

thequietone Wed 03-Sep-08 19:34:20

Ah, that's why I went with it in the key of C, not D (smug emoticon at Flight Attendant). Come on, I've nothing else to be smug about in my life...

FlightAttendent Thu 04-Sep-08 17:01:51

Ah. Well I went with D because F nat is very hard to do on a recorder. It requires three fingers. F# is easy - like OP said, cover bottom two holes (not little finger or index)

Often this note sounds dodgy on a dodgy recorder! but f nat sounds even dodgier grin if not done properly.

DontNeedAnything Thu 04-Sep-08 19:35:29

What is F then that makes it hard.

We all (me and DTDs) can all do F 1st and 3rd fingers on bottom (plus all the top ones).

Where's the probem?

DontNeedAnything Thu 04-Sep-08 19:36:07

What is F then that makes it hard.

We all (me and DTDs) can all do F 1st and 3rd fingers on bottom (plus all the top ones).

Where's the probem?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now