Advanced search

Music for an 8 year old girl

(8 Posts)
snototterly Wed 15-Jun-16 19:14:54

My oddest DD turns 8 soon. She says she doesn't know any of the music her friends talk about (but can't name any). Please help, what's cool for pre-teen girls to listen to?

Ferguson Thu 30-Jun-16 19:47:09

Can't her friends compile some tracks for her, on Phone or some other gadget?

user1469376681 Thu 11-Aug-16 02:02:42

What did you like at that age? Try and find something similar that is around now!
I'm firmly in the 'brainwashing' camp and play all the music I love to mine rhe majority of which were around when I was 8 and are still going (some more to cash in than others lol)

margaritasbythesea Fri 26-Aug-16 22:27:56

Yep me neither but I think most of it is on radio 1. A browse around spirit could come up with some good compilations.

I think the latest 'now's has been released.

Don't forget to play her some music you like too.

hownottofuckup Fri 26-Aug-16 22:31:32

Just play radio 1/local radio station when you're in the car. They tend to like fairly standard chart stuff, nothing niche. So 1D, Bieber, Swift etc the usual suspects.

featherpillow Fri 26-Aug-16 22:42:29

A few of my DD favourite songs at the moment are:
Sia - Cheap Thrills.
Adele - Send my Love.
The Temper Trap - Fall Together.
Zara Larson - Lush Life.

Some of Pixie Lott & all songs by Little Mix.

Vinorosso74 Sat 27-Aug-16 22:17:22

My DD loves Cheap Thrills by Sia. She also loves the Pixies and Super Furry Animals....

bellydancebabs Thu 22-Dec-16 13:05:54

Some of the kids in my son's class love this rockband for kids. They're really funny and age appropriate. They're called Rocktopus.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now