Talk

Advanced search

Half Iranian baby!

(10 Posts)
purplebee Mon 28-Jul-08 12:42:00

Hello! I'm an Iranian mum married to an English guy and really want my eleven month old to grow up speaking Farsi. Would love to hear from Iranian mums or mum's with Iranian partners to chat about ways to do this. I speak to him as much as I can in Farsi, but It's hard when it leaves dh out, though dh has made an effort to learn Farsi himself. I can't find any Farsi books or song CD's on the net for babies. Ideally I'd love to organise Farsi days where we only speak Farsi and would love others to join in.

moondog Mon 28-Jul-08 12:44:45

The best way to ensure yuor child learns your language is to speak it to him all the time.

moondog Mon 28-Jul-08 12:44:47

The best way to ensure yuor child learns your language is to speak it to him all the time.

moondog Mon 28-Jul-08 12:45:39

Days not doing it or speaking English while your dh is around wont work. If you speak Farsi to the baby, he will learn too. I have been through this myself.

moondog Mon 28-Jul-08 12:46:21

Post in Language/Bilingualism too and look in archives on that thread. Will be fabulous for your baby to grow up bilingually.

Kewcumber Mon 28-Jul-08 12:48:36

my freind is bringing up her DS bilingually in Irish (her DH doesn;t speak it) speech therapist (his speech is delayed) recommended that she ONLY speak Irish to him (even when DH is around).

moondog Mon 28-Jul-08 12:50:18

Good advice from speech and language therapist ,of which i am one.

purplebee Tue 29-Jul-08 16:14:56

thanks for your messages. I wanted the Iranian only days more as as means for my ds to grow up with people other than me to speak Farsi with. My husband wants to learn Farsi songs we can sing togther but I don't know any!

elkiedee Tue 29-Jul-08 16:40:42

Are there any Iranian cultural groups in London you could contact.

mummyfran Mon 22-Sep-08 14:21:10

Hi Purplebee,

join the club! I'm English but 7 months preggers with a little half Iranian boy. I'm learning Farsi so I can understand what him & his baba are saying about me in the future!

I don't know where you live but there are many Iranian Saturday schools/clubs for mums & kids in London... contact me and I'll send you the details.

Hoda Hafez!

Frances )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now