Talk

Advanced search

Death by Choc-Lit (Summer 2018): Book 6

(5 Posts)
KeithLeMonde Sun 01-Jul-18 18:27:52

Discussion thread for group 2 book 6

clairethewitch70 Mon 16-Jul-18 16:42:34

Just finished this book. I really enjoyed it. The cover is bland and not something I would have picked up in a shop, but it was a good story, a family saga. The book was centred around a trust fund that had been unexpectedly depleted and the repercussion throughout the siblings who had already spent the money before they received it. I see that film rights have been sold for this book. All in all 4 out of 5 stars.

MyGastIsFlabbered Sat 04-Aug-18 18:29:34

I've just received this book. Checking in for when I've read it

MyGastIsFlabbered Sat 11-Aug-18 21:12:59

I've just finished this book and I must admit I struggled with it. I found the characters quite hard to care about, especially Leo and I'm really cross at the ending. Not sure if it's ok to post spoilers on here though so am wary of posting too much.

KeithLeMonde Fri 14-Sep-18 16:15:39

I liked this one smile In some aspects it was like a classic novel - Jane Austen or Trollope - starting with an inheritance that goes wrong, and showing how that impacts on the lives of the people who are disinherited. The characters were fairly lightweight and you may get bored of reading about rich white people in New York but I was OK with that - not every book needs to be specially meaningful.

@MyGastisFlabbered, I think it's OK to post spoilers as people don't have to read these threads until they have read the book (if they do then that's their look out!). Which bit(s) of the ending annoyed you?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: