Talk

Advanced search

Early miscarriage but growing bump?

(16 Posts)
betterlatte Thu 04-Jan-18 11:51:19

Hi, I had an early miscarriage about a month ago. I'm 98% sure of it, I passed very unmistakeable tissue. But I swear my uterus is growing. Has anyone else ever experienced this? I think I was around 6 weeks when I miscarried, and I don't have any other symptoms that I normally do, no morning sickness, tender breasts etc. But I have a very noticeable (to me) bump, low down. And I am slim, it's round and hard, defs not weight gain.

It's tricking me into thinking that maybe I am still pregnant, though I know logically this is not the case. Is it normal to have a swollen belly after such an early miscarriage? This is my fourth and I don't remember having this previously.

Thanks in advance smile

OP’s posts: |
Afreshnewyearplease Thu 04-Jan-18 11:52:08

Have you poas?

betterlatte Thu 04-Jan-18 11:55:12

I know this is so stupid but the only reason I haven't is because I really am very sure I miscarried, and have even since had a period. The only reason I haven poas is because I always had such an overwhelming feeling of disappointment whenever I did after a miscarriage so I guess part of it is denial. And I just know it will be negative. But would there be any other reason for my stomach to grow like that? I'm worried I'm somehow doing it psychologically or something.

Afreshnewyearplease Thu 04-Jan-18 11:56:21

Have you seen a doctor at all? Had a scan after the 'miscarriage'?

betterlatte Thu 04-Jan-18 12:01:11

I spoke with a doctor on the phone and the epu, and they both just said as per my symptoms that it sounds like another early miscarriage. They just asked if the previous ones had "run it's course" and I said yes so they said there was no reason to follow up. With the last early miscarriage I had a scan because I still had positive tests but when the scan confirmed it I felt so stupid for even going in.

SoupDragon Thu 04-Jan-18 12:03:21

Is it possible you miscarried only one of a twin pregnancy?

betterlatte Thu 04-Jan-18 12:08:48

I have no idea. To be honest i thought If you miscarried twins you would most likely both? And there's no history of twins in my family so it's really not on my radar. I guess I should just do a test but I am sooo certain of what it will say.

Ps. Thanks to both for responding

Ilovewillow Thu 04-Jan-18 12:12:42

I would be requesting a scan - my first thought was a twin pregnancy! i have been pregnant with twins twice (IVF) and lost one twin each time. The first time there was no bleeding and it was only found on at the 12 week scan but the second time it was an early loss and there was bleeding. I really hope it's good news but either way I'm sorry for your loss.

IrisAtwood Thu 04-Jan-18 12:12:57

In the absence of taking a test or seeing a Dr it is possible that this is psychological and part of the grieving process for you.
Your mind can convince you of many things. If you are struggling to accept having had the miscarriage and yearning to be pregnant again then it is entirely possible that your unconscious mind is looking for pregnancy symptoms.
The size of everyone’s abdomen fluctuates throughout the day and across the month (for menstruating women), so it is easy to think that you are showing a pregnant belly when it is just normal fluctuation.
As I said at the start though, taking a test would help - the fact that you haven’t done this may be because it would definitively eliminate pregnancy.

betterlatte Thu 04-Jan-18 12:18:36

Thank you willow and iris. You are both right, I have no idea why I needed to ask these questions when really all I need to do is a test. I'll pick one up on my lunch break and then put it out of my mind once it confirms it.

I really appreciate your kind responses.

Afreshnewyearplease Thu 04-Jan-18 12:22:04

Good luck with the test op. Regardless of the result i would see a doctor.

FadedRed Thu 04-Jan-18 12:24:15

have a very noticeable (to me) bump, low down. And I am slim, it's round and hard, defs not weight gain.
So you have had some 'abnormal bleeding', probably an early miscarriage, and now you can feel a lump in your pelvis?
TBH I would suggest a visit to your GP, and a scan to rule out a physical cause for your symptoms. The chances are it won't be a serious problem, but there are a couple of very rare possibilities that need ruling out. Please go and see your GP. Soon.

betterlatte Thu 04-Jan-18 13:02:15

Thanks guys. Test was negative - don't worry, I'm okay with it (really deep down I knew). I'll take your advice and see a doc next week. Unless this hormonal/psychological swell goes down by then 😉 🤞🏼

Thanks again all!

Bindibot Thu 04-Jan-18 13:07:13

Hi, please see a Doctor sooner this could be a sigh of infection, (particularly as you've now POAS) and can just potter along for a while and then suddenly make you very ill.

Hope you feel better soon flowers

betterlatte Thu 04-Jan-18 13:21:42

Okay bindi. Will do. Thanks for your concern. I'm actually feeling totally fine otherwise but I guess it's always better to be safe than sorry. I appreciate it.

IrisAtwood Thu 04-Jan-18 16:43:27

I am pleased that you’re feeling OK. flowers

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in