Talk

Advanced search

Do I qualify for the recurrent loss clinic?

(7 Posts)
JellyfishPieForTea Sat 07-Oct-17 10:07:56

I've just started my third miscarriage. I'm very lucky that after my previous two I managed to have DS, but this is still shit.

So far I've had;
- MMC at 9 weeks (baby probably stopped developing around 5 weeks)
- Loss at 16 weeks
- DS born at term
- MC at 5 weeks (this one)

I don't need to see a GP now. I know it'll all be over in a couple of days. I feel like a miscarriage pro now. God, that's depressing But if I see a GP next week, will they refer me to a recurrent loss clinic? Or don't I qualify now I have a DC?

SophieT83 Sat 07-Oct-17 10:14:25

I don't have any advice but I wanted to say I'm sorry for your losses. I had a miscarriage three weeks ago so really feel for you. I do remember being told that it's only once you've had three that your antenatal care will be different, but I don't know if having a baby in between affects that

sentenceinterrupted Sat 07-Oct-17 10:20:05

Our clinic you needed 3 losses in a row in theory but I got referred, despite a dc between losses, I think because one mc was (my) life threatening. The 'late' 16 week miscarriage may also mean you get referred. Best to just ask and see what requirements are in your area.

Moonshine86 Sat 07-Oct-17 10:21:46

Hello,

Sorry for your loss.

I miscarried 8w
Again at 9w
DD born (although bled throughout)
Miscarried 8w
Again at 6w

Last time I had my miscarriage I was told that they now refer after 2 consecutive miscarriages instead of 3.

I really hope you get the support you need. Xxx

JellyfishPieForTea Sat 07-Oct-17 10:24:16

Thanks guys. I will book a GP appointment in the next week or so. My area is usually quite good for referrals to the big London hospitals but I know there's been a lot of cut backs. Fingers crossed they'll see me.

JellyfishPieForTea Sat 07-Oct-17 10:26:08

And so sorry for all of your losses too. It's really shite! xxx

SchnitzelVonCrummsTum Sat 07-Oct-17 19:14:07

It is worth asking but because I have had successful pregnancies amid my losses I have had several members of medical staff refuse to help - one has though xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now