LittleButton Tue 10-Jan-17 10:35:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OP’s posts: |
LittleButton Tue 10-Jan-17 10:35:41

GreedyDuck Tue 10-Jan-17 13:26:49

I'm sorry for your loss.

To be honest though, there is very little that they could have done for you at 4 weeks 4 days, maybe blood tests, but then it would have been a case of medical management or waiting to pass the pregnancy naturally. Could you have self referred to the EPU if you were very concerned? Lines on pregnancy tests aren't a great way of judging if a pregnancy is progressing successfully.

Miscarriages are rubbish, there is nothing good about them, I had surgical management for my second mmc a few days before Christmas, but had known for two weeks that my embryo was measuring very small and unlikely to develop further and we were really waiting for the heartbeat to stop so that they could do the surgery. It had stopped growing at around six weeks. A lot of it is about waiting and seeing in the very early stages, as lots of women have bleeding early on without miscarrying. This time I ended up having four scans, all were uncomfortable as they are trying to get an image of something so incredibly small, and I do find that it tends to feel even worse as you are in emotional pain as well. It helps if you get a nice sonographer, but it's the luck of the draw really.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is that you are understandably upset about your miscarriage, but I don't really think that there is much they could have done differently. If you want to pursue a complaint though, contact the PALS at the hospital.

Be gentle with yourself and give yourself time to process what's happened, the emotional side is tough.

LittleButton Tue 10-Jan-17 19:52:41

LittleButton Tue 10-Jan-17 23:02:17

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in