Talk

Advanced search

From constipation to frequent bm -I am loosing another one?

(5 Posts)
legalbunny Sat 27-Aug-11 07:48:29

I am a bit worried (understatement!) with my other pregnancies i was constipated then could go to the loo again a few days before I miscarried. I am now only 5/6 weeks along and have gone from severe constipation to overly regular bms. Is this ever normal for a healthy pregnancy? I have no bleeding yet.

peggyblackett Sat 27-Aug-11 07:54:35

I have s complete mix of bowel movements in pregnancy. Yes, more constipation than normal, but also plenty of loose movements! Try not to worry.

legalbunny Sat 27-Aug-11 08:06:01

Thank you, I have my fingers crossed. It is earlier than in the other pregnancies, I guess I am to some extent waiting for bad news, which sounds terrible. I know stress is counterproductive to pregnancy, so i will try to calm down and keep my chin up. I have to wait and see what happens. I really appreciate your positive reply.

kat2504 Sat 27-Aug-11 09:59:55

I had this worry a week ago. I had the usual constipation from 4-5 weeks. Then at 6 weeks had a good bit of diarrhoea and thought I was about to miscarry. Had a scan on Monday which showed otherwise. Still very early so not sure yet, but I think if you are not bleeding then you shouldn't worry about the fluctuation. It's normal to mental about symptoms though, I've had 2mcs too and I worry all day every day about the slightest thing going on in my body.

legalbunny Sat 27-Aug-11 18:40:58

Really glad your scan went well- reassuring. I have a scan a week on Monday, as although I had one this week, it was just too early to show anything. I start at the high risk clinic on Wednesday- so am being looked after well by the Drs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now