Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Do you find your PMS\PMT getting a lot worse the older you get?

(6 Posts)
KerryMum Fri 29-Feb-08 09:26:42

And the closer to peri\menopause?

Mine has been getting progressively worse lately (for months now). Is this normal? Are there any natural things I can take? I'm honestly going to try to go the natural route with this whole thing and as I'll be 46 in a couple of months I'm assuming it's rolling in soon.

TimeForMe Fri 29-Feb-08 12:00:36

Most definately!

If I have done this correctly this is a link to a thread started yesterday. It has some good suggestions on it.

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/138/486832

HTH smile

KerryMum Fri 29-Feb-08 12:15:18

Oh, thanks for that! smile

Will have a looksie when I get back from town.

alysonpeaches Wed 05-Mar-08 22:49:06

On the contrary, mine was definitely worst in my 20s. Its not as bad as it used to be. Im 48 now. I have heard that HRT can make it worse too.

I think I used to take Epogam evening primrose oil when it was bad.

Malificence Thu 20-Aug-09 10:42:53

My PMT is far less awful than it used to be and I'm convinced it's because I'm no longer ovulating every month - I'm 43.
I also take ginseng and omega 3/6/9.
All I need to now is to get this damn coil removed as I'm having horrendous periods every 3 weeks, just waiting for hubby to have a clear sperm sample after his vasectomy a month ago - you have to give it 12 weeks!

ChristieF Thu 15-Oct-09 11:50:43

I'm 48 and have always had bad pmt. Much worse as I get older but in a different way. I get very depressed and I mean seriously. Can't stop crying. Also get very clumsy. I know when a period is due because I break plates, iron my hand, bang my head on cupboards. I assume it's the changing balance of hormones. I have taken evening primrose for years with no effect. I also get manic which is great if cleaning needs doing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now