Talk

Advanced search

Changing from estradot to everol conti.Should I try half patch first as the dose of estrogen is higher?

(8 Posts)
whatisforteamum Fri 18-Oct-19 16:57:28

While waiting for my mirena to be changed another GP has prescribed everol conti as I need the progesterone .
So far the estradot has been 25 and little side effects apart from wind and bit upset tum.
I noticed the new patches are higher dose and I'm cautious as the pill made me feel sick so I came off it.He told me things have improved since I was in my 20s and this patch is well tolerated.
Should I start on half a patch and do I swop when other patches run out next week?
Any advice welcome thanks in advance.

princessTiasmum Sat 19-Oct-19 20:01:32

Just watch your hair on Evoral Conti,my hair fell out a lot on EV,and still falling after 3 months off it,it's the Norethisterone, not sure what your previous HRT had as a progesterone
Might be fine for you though ,everyone is different

whatisforteamum Sat 19-Oct-19 22:17:18

Thank you.My hair is falling out at a rate of knots already!! Without HRT.I didn't have any progesterone as I was waiting for a coil replacement but it was weeks away.

princessTiasmum Thu 24-Oct-19 14:34:52

Apparently swopping and changing can cause hair loss due to fluctuating oestrogen levels, I was told by someone who had hair loss, and changed HRT several times,since she got settled on one it stopped

Daddylonglegs1965 Fri 25-Oct-19 09:10:38

I surprised they are putting you on EVOREL Conti Patches. I have only been on it since Sept 19 and have received a letter from my GP practice saying they can’t get this anymore so I can either come off HRT altogether or look on menopause matters for advice about what I would like to take before my next appointment.

over50andfab Fri 01-Nov-19 10:11:08

@Daddylonglegs1965 from something I read elsewhere it seems that Evorel Conti might be back in stock - although perhaps slowly and depending on where you live.

Daddylonglegs1965 Fri 01-Nov-19 10:16:03

That’s helpful thank you.

whatisforteamum Fri 01-Nov-19 15:02:21

It takes a.week to get in where I live.Seems to be suiting me so far.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »