Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Hot flushes...do they make your heart race?

(7 Posts)
Mummytron Wed 25-Oct-17 16:22:51

Or vice versa?
I've been having episodes of what feels like a panic attack. Very hot, racing heart and sheer panic. It feels like my hot flushes are worsening. I've been arguing the toss with my GP for a while as "I'm too young" 🙄
I'm almost 42 with a family history of menopauses at 45. I'm just ruling out other stuff with the hospital and then I'm going back to the GP as I'm convinced my problems are hormones and the erratic way they are.
But I just wanted to know if your hot flushes feel like a panic attack?
Thanks all

Emerald13 Wed 25-Oct-17 22:17:35

Yes, it like burning, panic attack with anxiety, palpitations and the sense of something is wrong. The whole feeling is that something is out of your control and that causes fear and anxiety.

Dodie66 Wed 25-Oct-17 22:27:49

Yes I get that and it's awful. Have you had a blood test to see if you are peri menopause or menopausal? I would ask for the blood test.

MrsPestilence Wed 25-Oct-17 22:31:25

It is like your body playing rock, paper scissors. Only it is panic attack, palpitations and hot flushes, such fun.
Quite normal, get ye to the GP and consider HRT.
Have you had the insomnia yet?

UniversallyUnchallenged Wed 25-Oct-17 22:33:59

Yes, what you describe (and other symptoms). I move, it sounds crazy but helps me. That ‘thought’ and ‘action’ of moving, makes the moment pass. I feel more confident that this is the reason and I can ‘control’ it. It works for me, I’m 43 - it’s been 5 years. Though I appreciate it sounds ridiculous and has no reasoning behind it. Hope you find something

ShizeItsWeegie Wed 25-Oct-17 23:06:34

Yep! I have gone through the full cardiac work up in hospital and there is no health problem apart from the menopause. Once I started very low dose HRT I felt human again. I have taken them for three years and have gradually tailed them off. I still get symptoms but they are manageable.

trainedopossum Wed 25-Oct-17 23:08:53

Has your gp tested your thyroid OP? Just to rule it out?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now